Sportscene watch

Didn't catch it all but from what I did see Jane Lewis did a pretty decent job of running the Sportscene Results show. I think the relatively fast paced nature of it helped. Improvement on David Currie at the very least.

15 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Didn't catch it all but from what I did see Jane Lewis did a pretty decent job of running the Sportscene Results show. I think the relatively fast paced nature of it helped. Improvement on David Currie at the very least.

Did you keep count of how many names she got wrong?

10 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

What was the purpose of the rule change anyway? It used to be deemed that referee was part of the game, if the ball accidentally hit him you just had to suck it up and play on, it would be one of these things that all teams benefitted/suffered due to at some point. Seemed fair enough to me even if a bit infuriating when your team on the wrong side of it.

From IFAB's 2019-20 law changes summary: "It can be very unfair if a team gains an advantage or scores a goal because the ball has hit a match official, especially the referee."

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It is a drop ball, it's just an uncontested one.

Well yes, the ball is out of play when it hits the ref and possession changes / promising attack starts / goes into the goal - but none of those happened so the ref rightly played on. And of course there's no such thing as a contested drop ball anymore.

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

From IFAB's 2019-20 law changes summary: "It can be very unfair if a team gains an advantage or scores a goal because the ball has hit a match official, especially the referee."

Cheers for that, lot of pish IMHO that would have been better left as it was.  Evens itself out & all that crap.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Did you keep count of how many names she got wrong?

No, tbh. If she fucked up on that count fair enough, I wasn't paying that much attention.

In comparison to how she is on the radio or presenting live football matches she seemed a bit more composed and relaxed and was still much better than David Currie.

So from tonight’s programme we had the now standard large on screen graphics for matches involving two specific teams whilst the teams are fired across the screen in a flash for the other matches. They also negated any analysis on the penalty that St Mirren won in Aberdeen today whilst Richard Foster was convinced that Elliot Parrish was in goals for Saints today. 

16 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Cheers for that, lot of pish IMHO that would have been better left as it was.  Evens itself out & all that crap.

Not really, a goal off a referee is incredibly rare that I doubt it would be evened up over the course of a season, so better to stop play for those three unfair situations.

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Not really, a goal off a referee is incredibly rare that I doubt it would be evened up over the course of a season, so better to stop play for those three unfair situations.

What would evening itself out even mean?  Would the team that benefitted lose a goal off the ref and the team the lost the goal get one later in the year?  You now have two new situations which need to be levelled out involving the new teams involved in the chain.  Or would the levelling out only happen in the next fixture between these teams.

it’s a. nonsense phrase.

On 06/08/2022 at 23:05, starryfish said:

So from tonight’s programme we had the now standard large on screen graphics for matches involving two specific teams whilst the teams are fired across the screen in a flash for the other matches. They also negated any analysis on the penalty that St Mirren won in Aberdeen today whilst Richard Foster was convinced that Elliot Parrish was in goals for Saints today. 

The penalty St Mirren got that no-one thought to mention was outside the box. 

Caught up on yesterdays, how bad is Rob McLean first of all?

And not sure if it’s paranoia but the love in for Hearts by the pundits seems a bit weird given the highlights indicated a fairly even game, which I felt it was. Michael Stewart hasn’t said a good word about Hibs since they sacked Ross.

The penalty St Mirren got that no-one thought to mention was outside the box. 

The game was finished by then and it was an utter irrelevance. Even Sportscene and their refereeing obsession aren't going to bother with decisions like that.

And not sure if it’s paranoia but the love in for Hearts by the pundits seems a bit weird given the highlights indicated a fairly even game, which I felt it was. Michael Stewart hasn’t said a good word about Hibs since they sacked Ross.

It would be hard to say much positive about Hibs since then given how poor they've been. Even yesterday, Hearts were comfortably the better team until they shat the bed and stopped attacking when Boyle came on.

6 hours ago, GreenGray said:

Mller was pretty balanced tbh. 

Mikeys back to pro-hearts now Leveins gone and Robbies his pal.  Not only was he on sportsound but on the TV later with the exact same views.  Utterly pointless. 

Edited by Hoose Rice

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would be hard to say much positive about Hibs since then given how poor they've been. Even yesterday, Hearts were comfortably the better team until they shat the bed and stopped attacking when Boyle came on.

Aye because Hertz had all they attacking chances right enough before Boyle :lol: 

The game was pish and even, separated by a handball goal.  Neither team looked like conceding again until our 3 chances in injury time.

Edited by Hoose Rice