Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

I didn't mind Sutton on BT. He sticks up for Scottish football whenever he's on an English football orientated programme as well.

Aye, his dynamic with Boyd will be extremely grating but I'd imagine he'll run rings round Boyd as he's actually relatively knowledgeable about Scottish football.

He's an upgrade on what they have that's for sure.

33 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The fact they have the “shock jocks” of Boyd & Sutton as pundits shows you what Sky think of “Scottish” football, it’s purely to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the Glasgow two, that’s patently obvious.

And it’s exactly why I told Sky to poke it up their hole ages ago.

IPTV all the way & fcuk Sky 

The do the exact same with English football and Neville/Carragher.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Neville & Carragher are a million miles better than them & actually offer insight & tactical opinion.

Boyd has NEVER done that. 

Theyre just smarter at it than Boyd, whos intelligence is summed up in one photo. 

FyOe0CBXwAAQbh1.thumb.jpeg.173134d9cb7f75185069ad7d9cadbb7a.jpeg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theyre just smarter at it than Boyd, whos intelligence is summed up in one photo. 

FyOe0CBXwAAQbh1.thumb.jpeg.173134d9cb7f75185069ad7d9cadbb7a.jpeg

"Kris Boyd launches the new Rangers kit on this day in 2006." Surely this should be in the Terrible Journalism thread, as the new Rangers weren't founded until the old Rangers died in 2012. 

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I didn't mind Sutton on BT. He sticks up for Scottish football whenever he's on an English football orientated programme as well.

Aye, his dynamic with Boyd will be extremely grating but I'd imagine he'll run rings round Boyd as he's actually relatively knowledgeable about Scottish football.

He's an upgrade on what they have that's for sure.

Sutton actually seems to be relatively smart and is knowing playing a role when he does his wind up pish, as dull as that is.

Boyd however is clearly thick as f**k and isn't actually playing a role; he genuinely is a a seething moron.

21 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They trainers :lol:

Fucking velcro! I think he actually can't do laces up.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Sky's schedule for the opening weekend of the EFL, we can expect a live game Saturday lunchtime and possibly Monday night on our opening weekend.

And if there is a Monday night game, it's highly likely to be Celtic's flag day...

Edited by The Master

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Looking at Sky's schedule for the opening weekend of the EFL, we can expect a live game Saturday lunchtime and possibly Monday night on our opening weekend.

And if there is a Monday night game, it's highly likely to be Celtic's flag day...

Please let it not be us again. Flag day and trophy day last season. 

On 22/06/2023 at 09:34, The Master said:

Celtic at home will be the midday kick off on the Saturday to start the season. Potential for a Saturday evening game? Failing that it would have to be Monday but that's IF they show 2 games. Although in the past, they have showed 2 matches on the opening weekend. Dundee will likely be at home so maybe their match on TV.

My predictions are:

Celtic vs Hearts - 12:30 Saturday

Dundee vs Rangers - 17:30 Saturday

3 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Celtic at home will be the midday kick off on the Saturday to start the season. Potential for a Saturday evening game? Failing that it would have to be Monday but that's IF they show 2 games. Although in the past, they have showed 2 matches on the opening weekend. Dundee will likely be at home so maybe their match on TV.

My predictions are:

Rangers have to play Saturday, so if Sky want to show them it has to be the lunchtime or teatime slot. But I’m not sure how many teams would be allowed to host such a game at 5.30 on a Saturday. 

Police in Glasgow might be more willing to have Celtic at home at that time, but maybe not against Hearts.

I wonder if Sky’s opening day plans will feed into the fixtures at all. Either by giving Rangers an away game against a team whose local police are happy with a 5.30 kick-off, or ensuring Celtic have a relatively low risk team visiting them. 

13 minutes ago, The Master said:

Either by giving Rangers an away game against a team whose local police are happy with a 5.30 kick-off, or ensuring Celtic have a relatively low risk team visiting them. 

That'll be either Livingston v Rangers for the police and steward ***s getting free entry without doing anything, or Celtic v Livingston for the trouble-free 10 folk and the green bigots being happy after a pumping.

Hope not seeing as we already had the blue bigots at home to start last season.

3 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

My predictions are:

We had two pre-split games at Celtic last season, so it'll no be us i don't think

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

That'll be either Livingston v Rangers for the police and steward ***s getting free entry without doing anything, or Celtic v Livingston for the trouble-free 10 folk and the green bigots being happy after a pumping.

Hope not seeing as we already had the blue bigots at home to start last season.

Would be FAF if we beat Celtic in Brendan's first league game back in charge though.  Big Nouble scoring a 4th min goal and we hang on for dear life for the rest of the game, grinding out a 1-0 win, before he goes to an English Championship team for 1 million pounds. 

Followed by Celtic fans going on twitter to tell us Livi fans how they'd rather lose than watch football being played like that every week.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Would be FAF if we beat Celtic in Brendan's first league game back in charge though.  Big Nouble scoring a 4th min goal and we hang on for dear life for the rest of the game, grinding out a 1-0 win, before he goes to an English Championship team for 1 million pounds. 

Followed by Celtic fans going on twitter to tell us Livi fans how they'd rather lose than watch football being played like that every week.

I always find that a strange one given they had consecutive seasons of average attendances of 22k during the early 90’s when the other cheek was dominating however now that they are dominating they have a waiting list for season tickets.

So two live games on the opening day, and no surprises which teams are involved. 

Disappointing they didn’t take the opportunity to show three games by using the empty Monday night slot. Any one of the other three Saturday fixtures wouldn’t have looked out of place as a third live game.