COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Most of the Rangers fans on here see Celtic as my big team. (And I won’t pick you up on your spelling.)
I secretly think Celtic are your big team too but you don't want to say.

And I won't pick you up on your spelling.

2 hours ago, rainbowrising said:

For those of you that like a song at a game.

The headline is a classic 'not really the case' one by the time you get to the second half of the article which basically contradicts the headline claim

BBC News - Singing 'no riskier than talking' for virus spread https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53853961

But it all depends on how loud a person is, according to the initial findings which are yet to be peer reviewed"

Probably  best to ban Gordon Sawers  from all fitba until the virus is away/vaccine is found.

57 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting Murrayfield the infrastructure there is appalling when I went to the Liverpool Napoli game last year

The infrastructure at Murrayfield is certainly not ‘appalling’ and is miles ahead of any Scottish football stadium.

Though I do hope everyone who went to that pile of w**k last year had an appalling time.

I've always found Murrayfield to be a pretty shit stadium considering its size, location and how much money has been spent on it. Was a terrible viewing experience when we played Hearts there, and you had to go outside for food (and maybe for the toilets too, I can't remember).

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I've always found Murrayfield to be a pretty shit stadium considering its size, location and how much money has been spent on it. Was a terrible viewing experience when we played Hearts there, and you had to go outside for food (and maybe for the toilets too, I can't remember).

Not been for years.

However, I would say that the views are generally better than at Hampden, even with the big run off bit behind the goals - except on the "expensive" side where they bizarrely put a big f**k off running track????

Guest DAVIDB69

Allegedly 14 English premier league players have returned from all these holiday jaunts with the virus.

If we get through this season somehow and we are still living like this in 9 months , wonder what will be allowed for SPFL players under emporer nic

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Allegedly 14 English premier league players have returned from all these holiday jaunts with the virus.

If we get through this season somehow and we are still living like this in 9 months , wonder what will be allowed for SPFL players under emporer nic

They'll be able to do exactly the same as anyone else when they're not going into training every day.

On 22/08/2020 at 11:31, DAVIDB69 said:

Interesting Murrayfield the infrastructure there is appalling when I went to the Liverpool Napoli game last year

It gives me the rage when people (who clearly haven't been to a game of football there) shout about it being a better option than Hampden. Its worse. 

Interestingly according to Sportsound on Saturday St. Johnstone v St. Mirren this weekend is meant to be a test event. Nothing from Saints yet though to confirm if thats true though or any details surrounding it. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Scottish Government have knocked back a proposal from Celtic to use their weekend game as a test match for fans.

Probably not a great sign for Premiership teams getting fans back in on the 14th September.

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Scottish Government have knocked back a proposal from Celtic to use their weekend game as a test match for fans.

Probably not a great sign for Premiership teams getting fans back in on the 14th September.

Where have you read this?

22 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

It gives me the rage when people (who clearly haven't been to a game of football there) shout about it being a better option than Hampden. Its worse. 

Interestingly according to Sportsound on Saturday St. Johnstone v St. Mirren this weekend is meant to be a test event. Nothing from Saints yet though to confirm if thats true though or any details surrounding it. 

Imagine the meltdown if this was then allowed to happen 😂😂😂

Presuming it won't be happening now though. 

21 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

By every measure it is a better stadium then Hampden. Views, location, facilities. What does Hampden have that is better than Murrayfield?

I am a massive football fan however I don't have the view that this automatically means I have to hate rugby. I have been to several Scotland rugby games and the day out at Murrayfield puts the football to shame.