COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Of course.

He has a point about that to be fair. Why are Motherwell doing that? It's just stupid. We were told that we had to socially distance in the pre-match line up to wave the racism red cards last month but then Motherwell gather together to take a pointless photo?

The guidance also says players should not touch each other in goal celebrations but it appears to be generally accepted that it's difficult to prevent that with the excitement and adrenaline surge. That's not an excuse for a pre-match photo where they are consciously linking arms in the back row.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He has a point about that to be fair. Why are Motherwell doing that? It's just stupid. We were told that we had to socially distance in the pre-match line up to wave the racism red cards last month but then Motherwell gather together to take a pointless photo?

The guidance also says players should not touch each other in goal celebrations but it appears to be generally accepted that it's difficult to prevent that with the excitement and adrenaline surge. That's not an excuse for a pre-match photo where they are consciously linking arms in the back row.

We are allowed 15 seconds for the photo

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh, I'm not endorsing it. As Craig says it's a daft photo under normal circumstances but given everything that's going on it seems quite tone-deaf.

8 minutes ago, ropy said:

We are allowed 15 seconds for the photo

In which case it's not a breach of protocol but it's still ill advised and a pointless increase in risk. They could take the same photo without physically touching or with 1m spacing too.

If you are allowed 15 secs for a photo though it does beg the question as to why we had to be socially distanced for the red card waving.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Oh, I'm not endorsing it. As Craig says it's a daft photo under normal circumstances but given everything that's going on it seems quite tone-deaf.

This.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

And the difference between that and a goal celebration is? Amazing how people are getting all mixed up over what should or shouldnt be allowed.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

In which case it's not a breach of protocol but it's still ill advised and a pointless increase in risk. They could take the same photo without physically touching or with 1m spacing too.

If you are allowed 15 secs for a photo though it does beg the question as to why we had to be socially distanced for the red card waving.

This.

I will confess to making that up

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

And the difference between that and a goal celebration is? Amazing how people are getting all mixed up over what should or shouldnt be allowed.

Who's getting mixed up?

I'm saying it's quite tone deaf (which it is). I'm not making an argument that there's any difference between the team photo and a goal celebration or that either breaches a rule.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂 and I swallowed it without doubting you!

Either way, whether it is a breach of rules or not, it's needless and increases risk for no good reason even if it does so to an infinitesimally small extent.

I flagged this up on the Motherwell thread yesterday

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And our club Facebook page was full of people laughing at the needless stupidity of our published team photo taken last weekend.............

QoS Official Team Photo

I think that's quite clever with the tilt shift and minimising the old Rona to boot, but the way Queens are playing at the minute a few 0-3 forfeits might be better for the goal difference.  

Edited by TonyFerrino

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Who's getting mixed up?

I'm saying it's quite tone deaf (which it is). I'm not making an argument that there's any difference between the team photo and a goal celebration or that either breaches a rule.

I think the argument is that any additional and unnecessary mixing should be avoided. At least a goal celebration is sort of part of the game, a team photo before a run of the mill league match isn't for any other club. It's the same argument as to why teams shouldn't be car sharing, or why non-league clubs aren't allowed to use shared changing rooms even though they're about to share a pitch with the same 10 guys.

8 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

You would imagine it would have to be more than what they dished out to Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen when a few of their players breached the rules.  This is after all a club sponsored breach of the regulations.

Don’t know what else anyone expected from the dayglo deluded brigade. Cretinous.

7 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think that's quite clever with the tilt shift and minimising the old Rona to boot, but the way Queens are playing at the minute a few 0-3 forfeits might be better for the goal difference.  

Photographer planned it out well in advance and had cones on the pitch to indicate where everyone was to stand so they knew, etc.

It is ironic though. 7 days ago we published that and got a good half a dozen comments on on Facebook saying it was "ridiculous", "stupid", "they shower and change together why can't they be in a photo?" (they don't shower and 2m spacing is respected in the changing room). 7 days later United have lost 9 players and 4 coaches for a fortnight over a photo and Celtic are desperately making farcical claims that their players managed to take theirs by only being stood together "momentarily" (as if you can take a photo with that many people in it within a minute or two) in the hope of avoiding similar castigation although the lack of an actual positive test for them presumably means they won't lose anything other than a fine over it at most I guess.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Photographer planned it out well in advance and had cones on the pitch to indicate where everyone was to stand so they knew, etc.

It is ironic though. 7 days ago we published that and got a good half a dozen comments on on Facebook saying it was "ridiculous", "stupid", "they shower and change together why can't they be in a photo?" (they don't shower and 2m spacing is respected in the changing room). 7 days later United have lost 9 players and 4 coaches for a fortnight over a photo and Celtic are desperately making farcical claims that their players managed to take theirs by only being stood together "momentarily" (as if you can take a photo with that many people in it within a minute or two) in the hope of avoiding similar castigation although the lack of an actual positive test for them presumably means they won't lose anything other than a fine over it at most I guess.

Celtic had the money and foresight to buy their own testing machine, meaning none of their results go via NHS or any other agencies. As they say, their guys only test positive when on international duty.

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

They took this weeks ago so it is time barred or something 

Well it's irrelevant in terms of anyone isolating as a result of it but it's still a potential breach of protocol for which evidence has now emerged.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Celtic had the money and foresight to buy their own testing machine, meaning none of their results go via NHS or any other agencies. As they say, their guys only test positive when on international duty.

Without missing the cynical implication in your post, whether any of them actually had Covid or not is not the point in terms of a rule breach. As someone said earlier, it's not ok to speed up and down the motorway at 120mph as long as you didn't actually hit anyone.