COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm hearing certainly in the early rounds NO club is currently allowed to stream their games in the Scottish Cup. 

Only in Scotland could we allow this to happen when no fans are at games!!!

Not clear as to why yet though?

BSCG and Tranent now tweeting this.

Not seen an explanation why yet.

Penicuik v Musselburgh in PR1 was streamed last week. There's no TV deal for preliminary rounds. Out of 26 ties only a few can have fans present.

Streaming has been permitted throughout leagues/League Cup/etc.

Scottish FA has been fined €2,500 for a violation of the Uefa "return to play protocols" during the under-21 international with Croatia at Tynecastle on 12 November.

Scot Gemmill's team was also given a warning for "improper conduct" after the 2-2 draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55234719

Anyone know what happened?

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Penicuik v Musselburgh in PR1 was streamed last week. There's no TV deal for preliminary rounds. Out of 26 ties only a few can have fans present.

As HJ knows the Scottish Cup is an SFA competition and the League and League Cups are SPFL competitions.

Presumably the SFA have some deal with a TV company regarding highlights etc which is different to whatever the SPFL have in place.

Or the SFA are run by doddery old eejits who don't know what streaming is ..

36 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Scottish FA has been fined €2,500 for a violation of the Uefa "return to play protocols" during the under-21 international with Croatia at Tynecastle on 12 November.

Scot Gemmill's team was also given a warning for "improper conduct" after the 2-2 draw.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55234719

Anyone know what happened?

Only what is mentioned here: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0264-110a9beab66c-55dfc1fbe269-1000/cedb_website_decisions_-_panel_-_07.12.2020.pdf

Charges:

Improper conduct of the team, Art. 15(4) DR

Violation of the UEFA Return to Play Protocol, para. 14.2.3 (zoning access and movement on matchday)

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Previous seasons the highlights have been done via their own YouTube. Especially in earlier rounds. The highlights they did weren't to bad either but can't see any broadcaster showing a show of R1 ties. 

My bet is SFA wanting a cut? Just speculating though. 

17 hours ago, Detournement said:

They will only get a sporting penalty if they don't fulfil their fixtures.

Well that seems to be what is happening. So why bother with an investigation and delay if squad numbers are the only criteria? Don't have 13 players? - forfeit the game.

Then they have to decide what punishments are appropriate for breaches of Covid guidelines. St Mirren have a £40k penalty over their heads. Will other Clubs get the same when guidelines are broken? Both Celtic and Dundee Utd have endorsed a breach. Other Clubs have known players to breach without the Club's approval. Will a sliding scale of fines be drawn up? And what about the likes of Clyde who had to cancel two fixtures. I would assume forfeit is in order for not fulfilling fixtures but will a £40k fine be imposed if Covid guidelines were breached?

It is with great regret that I must inform you Dave Cormack has released a statement again:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/12/09/our-response-government-rejects-safe-return-of-fans/

Regardless of your view on his arguments, I'm sure everyone agrees with me that the ideal outcome here is the SG approving a plan that allows clubs in every local authority other than Aberdeen to get 1000 fans back in, purely to wind him up.

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It is with great regret that I must inform you Dave Cormack has released a statement again:

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/12/09/our-response-government-rejects-safe-return-of-fans/

Regardless of your view on his arguments, I'm sure everyone agrees with me that the ideal outcome here is the SG approving a plan that allows clubs in every local authority other than Aberdeen to get 1000 fans back in, purely to wind him up.

So has Neil Doncaster.

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

St Mirren appeal confirmed. Not surprised that an appeal has gone in, the punishment seems excessive.
Will be interesting to see the outcome.IMG_4285.jpg

Good on them , although given the halfwits that are in charge,I'll not hold my breath. 

It still interests me primarily Aberdeen and Cormack are banging the drum on this. Aberdeen city has been hovering around going up a tier, and the limits he wants seem very optimistic. It is not the most obvious part of the country nor club to choose to take the plunge.

Other clubs in other areas have a stronger case, or involve less sticking-the-neck-out from the authorities:

* Inverness, Ross County, Elgin and various Highland League clubs are in tier 1 and have been admitting crowds of 300 for a month now. As this is shown to be working well, that should be an obvious place to look at raising limit beyond 300.

* QotS, Annan, Stranraer and various Lowland, East of Scotland and South of Scotland clubs are able to follow from this Saturday adding more practical experience and concept proving.

* north-east, Angus, Falkirk and East Lothian are in tier 2. As it is shown to be working well in tier 1, that would be an obvious time to look at raising the bar to tier 2, perhaps using tier 1 cap of 300 initially

St Mirren appeal confirmed. Not surprised that an appeal has gone in, the punishment seems excessive.
Will be interesting to see the outcome.IMG_4285.thumb.jpg.8888f98d1357d0a4e792dc47dc464a51.jpg
They admitted breaches, had an outbreak. Case closed and 3 0 to Motherwell, thanks.

4 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
27 minutes ago, Lex said:
Will be interesting to see the outcome.

They admitted breaches, had an outbreak. Case closed and 3 0 to Motherwell, thanks.

Disagree. They should have points deducted as well for wasting the appeal panel's time with their reams of whataboutery.

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It still interests me primarily Aberdeen and Cormack are banging the drum on this. Aberdeen city has been hovering around going up a tier, and the limits he wants seem very optimistic. It is not the most obvious part of the country nor club to choose to take the plunge.

Other clubs in other areas have a stronger case, or involve less sticking-the-neck-out from the authorities:

If Aberdeen were one of the clubs who foolishly gave their fans a '19 games guarantee' then the explanation would be clear enough. They're clearly rooked either way right now.

If they were allowed fans back it would be 300 max which they've confessed costs more than being behind closed doors. 

Why don't they wait a bit longer and they'll be straight away allowed numbers that are actually viable? 

This "but cinemas" are allowed doesn't justify anything. It doesn't give a viable economic v risk of spread reason to be allowed back. Why don't they just be honest and say..  if we don't start bringing fans back were fucked. More likely to actually get the response they want?!