COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Well there is photographic evidence of Dundee Utd and Celtic breaching COVID rules. Of course Dundee Utd didn’t ask for a postponement on Saturday against Livi after they seen what had happened to us on the Thursday.
They just played with several first team players and coaching staff missing, as we would have done had we known that a 3-0 forfeit was a possibility.

I believe that the rule is, if you have 13 fit players available to play including a goalkeeper then you have to play the match. Are you saying that St Mirren broke the rules on this as well and said they had less than 13 fit players when this wasn’t the case?

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What other teams have admitted to breaches, had an outbreak of Covid and had matches postponed? Kilmarnock and no one else.

There is plenty of evidence like below, not to mention club squad pictures which breech the same regulations they have hammered Saints & Killie with..... 

david-marshall-2.png.b04a7fd1f9b781e388b81f00f387ac26.png.0b178dade48fac16d94645a038b10e70.png

I believe that the rule is, if you have 13 fit players available to play including a goalkeeper then you have to play the match. Are you saying that St Mirren broke the rules on this as well and said they had less than 13 fit players when this wasn’t the case?

Our players were fit they were self isolating due to COVID. When Aberdeen had games postponed due to COVID issues earlier in the year were they in breach of this rule?

Just now, Lex said:

Our players were fit they were self isolating due to COVID. When Aberdeen had games postponed due to COVID issues earlier in the year were they in breach of this rule?

And gained an advantage by having players fit who would have missed the original fixture.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

United had a photo and Scotland had a conga.

An absolute solid argument when appealing against the severity of a punishment for which you are not denying guilt.

And the rest , which I'm sure will come to light during the appeal process. 

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Looks like The Donald is backing St Mirren and Kilmarnock in their appeals.

Maybe both clubs could use his lawyers, they seem to be able to get you off with anything....

52 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Both clubs are not contesting the guilt its the severity of the punishment thats in question. This could rumble on for moths if it has to go to CAS next.

Oh goody, we've not had a 'torn-faced Scottish football club threatens to go to CAS' story for oh, five months or so.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

completely made up on the fly by the absolute chancers that ru(i)n our game.

I'm fairly certain the SPFL have some "executive power" shite written into their documents that virtually allows this, tbf.

Asp enjoying the fact that wisbit, a middle aged man who posted a video of himself playing a video game in St Mirren pyjamas, and who doesn't believe the holocaust happened, is privy to information that nobody else had.

Sure its concrete stuff he's talking about.

58 minutes ago, Lex said:

Isn't the main difference between the Aberdeen and St Mirren cases that the Dons players did so independent from the club's own practices, whereas St Mirren's breaches were under their own watch? One situation sounds more punishable to the respective club than the other imo

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Who would have thought that it was Maurice Ross who held the moral high ground?

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Asp enjoying the fact that wisbit, a middle aged man who posted a video of himself playing a video game in St Mirren pyjamas, and who doesn't believe the holocaust happened, is privy to information that nobody else had.

Sure its concrete stuff he's talking about.

Jesus, talk about tackling the man rather than the ball.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

They just played with several first team players and coaching staff missing, as we would have done had we known that a 3-0 forfeit was a possibility.

I probably wouldn't start with this, to be honest, because this would basically be an admission that you were gaming the system by asking for a postponement, unlike Killie who actually had our entire squad missing.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

There is plenty of evidence like below, not to mention club squad pictures which breech the same regulations they have hammered Saints & Killie with..... 

david-marshall-2.png.b04a7fd1f9b781e388b81f00f387ac26.png.0b178dade48fac16d94645a038b10e70.png

My understanding is that while players are on international duty they are considered part of a "bubble" and do not mix with the outside world. This is vastly different to the club situation where players are free to go about their normal life outside of the football environment.

I have every faith that our club (and St Mirren) aren't thick enough to be basing an appeal on "aye but they're doing it too", as though they're a bunch of daft wee school kids.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My understanding is that while players are on international duty they are considered part of a "bubble" and do not mix with the outside world. This is vastly different to the club situation where players are free to go about their normal life outside of the football environment.

I have every faith that our club (and St Mirren) aren't thick enough to be basing an appeal on "aye but they're doing it too", as though they're a bunch of daft wee school kids.

Well you would hope so given that either United, Scotland or anyone else is up on a charge and the appeal is against the punishment