COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Cormack in the paper today complaining that Jason Leitch was on off the ball.
Apparently spent more time on that than talking to football clubs. So... He was doing his job then? 
I'm absolutely astonished guys like Cormack can be successful in business if they behave like someone's drunk fucking Dad all the time?!
Absolutely everyone knows that Cormack is a tit and is completely at it. His plans are laughably transparent and his politicking is amateur at best.
He keeps banging on about having discussions, but there really aren't any more to be had at this stage. The guidelines for fans back in grounds are clear. The reasons for them are clear and have been stated numerous times across numerous media platforms. Cormack knows all this fine well but is choosing to lie and wilfully ignore and misrepresent things. 
The government have to have discussions with loads of industries, not just football. They can't keep explaining the same things over and over to one chairman who is choosing to act like a dickhead.
His aggressive, disingenuous approach is a waste of everyone's time. His attempts to make things political are really poor and fooling almost no one.

Ah lines like Leitch spending more time on Off the Ball is why Cormack gets nowhere.

Imagine the National Clinical Director having the temerity to go onto one of Scotland's best known radio shows and then answer questions sent into the show by the public?

Sometimes I miss the days of the silence from our boardroom (I know I shouldn't but there is too much)

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The fact both teams got the same punishment in the first place was a nonsense, given that St Mirren's offences were more severe than ours.

It struck me last week that this would be an obvious area of appeal for Kilmarnock, although of course that might simply lead to a reduction in the suspended fine.

Do we know what order the appeals are held (or are they combined under 1 panel)? You would really want St Mirren's to go first.

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If I'm honest I'm against the forfeiting of games anyway, particularly in a league format. Then throw in the fact that there's a huge element of luck involved in a Covid outbreak.

Fines (heavy if need be) relative to the breach would make the most sense.

They should try to avoid extreme financial penalties right now. Risks forcing clubs out of business in

6 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Ah lines like Leitch spending more time on Off the Ball is why Cormack gets nowhere.

Imagine the National Clinical Director having the temerity to go onto one of Scotland's best known radio shows and then answer questions sent into the show by the public?

Sometimes I miss the days of the silence from our boardroom (I know I shouldn't but there is too much)

Do you think there has been some agreements made following that meeting with Douglass Ross? 

"If I become first minister then I'll do XYZ"

Cormack could have did that interview and discussed his plans for fans back again, big up his ideas. Why it's apparently safe etc but nope, personal remarks about the likes of Jason Leitch 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Douglas Ross has almost no chance of being FM so that would be particularly stupid.

While unlikely the party who wins the election doesn't automatically become first minister. It goes to a vote in parliament. Ruth tried a couple of times and got pumped in the vote though. Labour I believe often abstained (shock)

If the SNP fail to win a minority it could see the lib Dems & labour backing Ross. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

27 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

While unlikely the party who wins the election doesn't automatically become first minister. It goes to a vote in parliament. Ruth tried a couple of times and got pumped in the vote though. Labour I believe often abstained (shock)

If the SNP fail to win a minority it could see the lib Dems & labour backing Ross. 

You can bey that Labour London HQ will tell the Scottish branch to abstain.

51 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

On the news that Scottish Football is getting £30m in Covd grants/loans - is there a reason that Rugby is getting £20m? Given the relative size of the sports and the number of pro clubs that need supported, the ratio seems odd to me.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

On the news that Scottish Football is getting £30m in Covd grants/loans - is there a reason that Rugby is getting £20m? Given the relative size of the sports and the number of pro clubs that need supported, the ratio seems odd to me.

Speculating but maybe to do with how much in the shitter they are financially?

Isn't the SRU absolutely minted? Somewhat surprised they happened been told to support clubs more financially though. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Speculating but maybe to do with how much in the shitter they are financially?

Isn't the SRU absolutely minted? Somewhat surprised they happened been told to support clubs more financially though. 

They're definitely not minted. They were in fairly dire financial position 5-10 years ago.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They're definitely not minted. They were in fairly dire financial position 5-10 years ago.

But have they not turned it round impressively?

Ignoring the fact that is rugby (as some football fans get a hard-on about rugby) and look at it as just a sporting organisation in so many aspects the SRU are far more successful than the SFA. 

2 minutes ago, ahemps said:

But have they not turned it round impressively?

Ignoring the fact that is rugby (as some football fans get a hard-on about rugby) and look at it as just a sporting organisation in so many aspects the SRU are far more successful than the SFA. 

They have turned it round, yes. But I think it's a stretch to describe them as absolutely minted.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

They have turned it round, yes. But I think it's a stretch to describe them as absolutely minted.

I don't know if they are minted, I was thinking more of their competence in comparison to the SFA. If they have managed to get 40% of a government handout while probably having less than 40% of the professional sports body then their team lobbying for financial support is better than the football equivalent as they have secured a bigger proportional slice of the pie.

Murrayfield I believe sold out for 15 Scotland games in a row, all whilst it being a more expensive ticket and a larger capacity in a less popular sport than football. The SFA could only sell half of Hampden when the no.1 ranked country in the world show up for a WC qualifier (Belguim, 25k attendance). In Scotlands last 15 home games at Hampden would only England have been a sell out???

I know this is going off topic but as a passionate football fan when I see another sporting body managing to be (on the outside) fairly well run it frustrates me how poor the SFA are.

The Scottish government has announced a funding package of £55m to help spectator sports through the coronavirus pandemic.

First minister Nicola Sturgeon says £30m will be made available to Scottish football and £20m to rugby union.

Of the £30m for football, £20m will in the form of loans to Scottish Premiership clubs and the remaining £10m in grants for lower league clubs.

Further discussions on the distribution will take place later.

That's better than I expected.

Works out at £1,666,666 available per Premiership club.

36 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Are the loans % free?

Considering the financial markets just now, it would make sense for them to be as low an interest rate as possible, if only because banks would be able offer similar low rates.

On another note, should the OF take the loans? They are clearly far better at insulating themselves from the financial realities of Covid and both are getting substantial income from European competition.

We've seen, in other sectors, larger companies either refusing to take money or returning money they have been provided from the Government. Admittedly with these being loans, rather than grants (like the lower leagues) it's not a "free payment".

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

10% to Premiership (250k each)

30% to other 3 leagues ( 900k each)

That will keep Scottish football alive.

I believe the money available for the Premiership clubs is on a loan basis only 

20m for Premiership loans. 

10m for grants to the remainder of clubs and woman's football.  

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.