COVID-19 In Scottish Football

On 12/12/2020 at 17:21, Lex said:

If the season finished now we’d stay up and Ross County would be relegated. They’d be relegated because of our COVID issues giving Accies a 3-0 win against us.
Mental.

They were in free fall last season and got to vote their way out of relegation, so swings and roundabouts, I guess.

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Looking forward to another Cormack rant

Someone needs to have a word - ask him to take a break and let other clubs do the 'fronting' if anyone actually wants to.

He's been agitating for stepped increases through 1,000 to 2,000 then 4,000 fans into Pittodrie for early January... city just entered tier which sees all crowds banned even down south.

Ross County, Inverness, Falkirk, QotS etc. would be better-placed to argue for more measured, moderate adjustments. Even then they'd likely not succeed but their argument wouldn't look ridiculous.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, G51 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-government-warned-critical-championship-23178871

Multiple Championship clubs can't afford to pay Decembers wages - Morton are one of those clubs.

Is it just another SPFL attempt to pressure gov?

They're wanting the gov to fast track the bailout. 

Although wouldn't be shocked if clubs are starting to run out of money now. Done well to string it out this long tbh!!

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Is it just another SPFL attempt to pressure gov?

They're wanting the gov to fast track the bailout. 

Although wouldn't be shocked if clubs are starting to run out of money now. Done well to string it out this long tbh!!

No idea, only the clubs will know for sure.

I think it's fair to say though that when David Hopkin left the club to save wages then that's probably not a great sign.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-government-warned-critical-championship-23178871

Multiple Championship clubs can't afford to pay Decembers wages - Morton are one of those clubs.

Had absolutely no idea folk were still moronic enough to fall for Keith Jackson writing an article about how multiple clubs are about to go into admin. 

Yet here we are.

Edited by RandomGuy.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had absolutely no idea folk were still moronic enough to fall for Keith Jackson writing an article about how multiple clubs are about to go into admin. 

Yet here we are.

Yes, Greenock Morton are showing absolutely no signs of financial distress whatsoever.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Yes, Greenock Morton are showing absolutely no signs of financial distress whatsoever.

I could've told you that. Its the, as you quote, "multiple Championship clubs can't afford to pay Decembers wages" bit, based on absolutely nothing bar his now mythical "sources" that I'm staggered you've believed.

Literally every season for the past decade Jackson has claimed clubs are "on the brink", and every season Rangers fans, for some reason, go bollocks deep into believing it.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I could've told you that. Its the, as you quote, "multiple Championship clubs can't afford to pay Decembers wages" bit, based on absolutely nothing bar his now mythical "sources" that I'm staggered you've believed.

Literally every season for the past decade Jackson has claimed clubs are "on the brink", and every season Rangers fans, for some reason, go bollocks deep into believing it.

Hahaha! The projections you make about Rangers fans are very funny. Last week, you claimed Rangers fans were complaining about St Johnstone's price for their PPV on Twitter and it turned out to be one guy with about three followers. I cannot wait to see what you make up about us next.

Neither you or I have any idea how much of this article is true, but with one club on the brink of catastrophe and no income coming in for the others it's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility. It's very possible that it's just the SPFL trying to force the Governments hand through the press, but either way it's worth discussing.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Hahaha! The projections you make about Rangers fans are very funny. Last week, you claimed Rangers fans were complaining about St Johnstone's price for their PPV on Twitter and it turned out to be one guy with about three followers. I cannot wait to see what you make up about us next.

Neither you or I have any idea how much of this article is true, but with one club on the brink of catastrophe and no income coming in for the others it's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility. It's very possible that it's just the SPFL trying to force the Governments hand through the press, but either way it's worth discussing.

Force the government to do what? There isn't endless money to underwrite every club's debts. Every club will be allocated a sum, but not sure how far that cash will go. I'm thinking not very far.

15 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Will be very interesting to see how these grants + loans get allocated, then reaction to it.

Application scheme ('means test')?

Lump sum based on tier regardless of costbase?

% of turnover?

When will the allocation of these grants be decided? It seems like divvying the cash up should be a priority.

Has everyone checked their emails?

Force the government to do what? There isn't endless money to underwrite every club's debts. Every club will be allocated a sum, but not sure how far that cash will go. I'm thinking not very far.

Force them to actually give out the money they said they were going to give out, maybe?

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Force them to actually give out the money they said they were going to give out, maybe?

What makes you think they aren't going to give it out and need to be 'forced' in to doing so?