COVID-19 In Scottish Football

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Appeals see 3-0 forfeits suspended and table reset:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55433000

Bit strange - appeals went in weeks ago, announcement made Boxing Day morning?

Under Lawwells leadership the spfl has became a joke, the situation is a complete joke. 

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Off topic, but I see Sunderland have just announced they're postponing their fourth game this season in the name of player safety.

It's almost as if there's an out-of-control global, viral, airborne pandemic happening.

Yep, I think everyone should appreciate that football can only continue if the risk of spreading the virus is somewhat mitigated.

I’d imagine player safety is the exact reason why the SPFL appear to be coming down hard on clubs that breach covid protocols.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yep, I think everyone should appreciate that football can only continue if the risk of spreading the virus is somewhat mitigated.

I’d imagine player safety is the exact reason why the SPFL appear to be coming down hard on clubs* that breach covid protocols.

*Some of the

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

*Some of the

This is covering old ground. As it stands, I believe St Mirren and Kilmarnock are the only two teams that we know of who have breached covid protocols resulting in matches being postponed. They both admitted as much.

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is covering old ground. As it stands, I believe St Mirren and Kilmarnock are the only two teams that we know of who have breached covid protocols resulting in matches being postponed. They both admitted as much.

If player safety was that important, then they'd punish all the breaches, and not just the ones that led to postponements.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If player safety was that important, then they'd punish all the breaches, and not just the ones that led to postponements.

I agree to an extent, but I am assuming that the reason the St Mirren and Killie breaches are being punished is because they led to the postponements which forced the SPFL to get involved.

Had the games gone ahead, I’d imagine the SPFL wouldn’t have the power to open disciplinary proceedings against the clubs which is likely why nobody else has been investigated.

I see that the Everton/Man City game has been called off.

You have to wonder, with all the resources at Man City's disposal both financial and squad pool, how they managed to convince the league to pull the fixture at the last moment.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

I see that the Everton/Man City game has been called off.

You have to wonder, with all the resources at Man City's disposal both financial and squad pool, how they managed to convince the league to pull the fixture at the last moment.

We’ll be taking those points too.

With further restrictions to everyday life coming down the chute in the days to come, is the SG going to give 'elite' football a free pass to hold games up and down the country between brickies and fishermen next week? Is Celtic swanning out of the country to go to Dubai and return without going into an effective quarantine an acceptable decision when the public are being told to stay in their house whenever possible?

It's time for a shutdown and if that means following Ann Budge's advice in scrapping all relegation then so be it. I'm sure she'll understand that a second season in the Championship is only fair given the circumstances.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

With further restrictions to everyday life coming down the chute in the days to come, is the SG going to give 'elite' football a free pass to hold games up and down the country next week between brickies and fishermen next week? Is Celtic swanning out of the country to go to Dubai and return without going into an effective quarantine an acceptable decision when the public are being told to stay in their house whenever possible?

It's time for a shutdown and if that means following Ann Budge's advice in scrapping all relegation then so be it. I'm sure she'll understand that a second season in the Championship is only fair given the circumstances.

I said earlier on the big Covid thread, check the planned Scottish Cup fixtures this week...ludicrous!