COVID-19 In Scottish Football

Seems to me like there would only be 2 clubs who could afford to rent a stadium and get enough fans to turn up in England for it to be worthwhile. That goes unreported though...

And no mention of additional expense to the away team.

Although let us imagine in the interest of hilarity that they were going to play the Old Firm game at the Etihad.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

"Look at how much money you're costing us and the people you represent. #eKoNuMy".

I’d wager what actually happened was they saw the SRU leaking today thay they’d move the Calcutta Cup and Six Nations games, and Doncaster thought “f**k me, that’s brilliant, why didn’t I think of that?”

Hes then gone and told a couple of journos that he’s close to about it, despite having o intentions or plan to see it through, and this being obvious to absolutely everyone. The guy is extremely stupid.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

OK I have thought about it more.

Would the SPFL copying Rugby Superleague in doing a Magic Weekend in Newcastle be that bad an idea?

I had a few magic weekends in Newcastle in the 80s, no sure I can hack the pace now though....................

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I don't see why not. It is going to get very expensive for the govt if they continue to keep grounds shut. And the restrictions they brought in have done nothing in terms of making a difference compared to England. The rates of omicron are about the same so why continue with restriction that cost the govt money and also do nothing for public health.

They have to up attendances after the 17th if England continues to do nothing. 

wouldn’t surprise me however if we are back to the “phased returning of fans” though for a few weeks. With full attandences returning just in time for the 6 nations. 

Edited by Forever_blueco

23 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Surly the **** would get a massive attendance down there? Have they not got something like 5million fans worldwide?

The only reason it's being mentioned as a possibility is that they 2 would probably still sell out their tickets. Every other fixture not involving them would stay in Scotland, I suspect. If it was a thing, Hearts/Hibs would probably push for it as well as Aberdeen for the sake of moaning, but the thought process has only gone as far as the ugly sisters.

Edited by LiviLion

44 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

They have to up attendances after the 17th if England continues to do nothing. 

wouldn’t surprise me however if we are back to the “phased returning of fans” though for a few weeks. With full attandences returning just in time for the 6 nations. 

It'll be lifted at the very latest for the old firm game.