COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Just been alerted to this news from Mexican football, which seems to have passed everyone by:

The Mexicans: A great bunch of lads

216845870_20200802_132512(2).png.2807f4892c0b0830825bc28d4cb9a315.png- "Hey guys, I've got an idea."

We gonna hang fire until after Ayr win the league this year then lock us in? 

Kilmarnock FC can confirm that three individuals have tested positive for COVID-19.

All three individuals are currently observing a period of self-isolation in line with Scottish Government and Joint Response Group (JRG) protocols and will be the subject of NHS testing today (Wednesday, September 30).

Further scheduled testing for players and staff will be carried out on Thursday (October 1).

Preparations for Friday’s Premiership match with Motherwell will continue while everyone wishes those affected a speedy recovery.

On 26/09/2020 at 15:37, Lofarl said:

God there need to be a sevco like chronicle of banter years thread for Anne Budge.   Just from March onwards was hilarious.  A few highlights was that time she said hearts shouldn’t go down because they spent a lot of money to avoid it. Or mind that final final lastest bestest best proposal that said Hearts were of more use in the premier league than the championship.

I'll buy the audiobook for sure. 

Kilmarnock FC can confirm that three individuals have tested positive for COVID-19.

All three individuals are currently observing a period of self-isolation in line with Scottish Government and Joint Response Group (JRG) protocols and will be the subject of NHS testing today (Wednesday, September 30).

Further scheduled testing for players and staff will be carried out on Thursday (October 1).

Preparations for Friday’s Premiership match with Motherwell will continue while everyone wishes those affected a speedy recovery.

Great copy and paste skills again.

53 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Great copy and paste skills again.

cheers @Scotty Tunbridge 👌

so you dont feel left out....

"The club can confirm one individual has produced a positive result from Monday’s COVID-19 testing.

This individual is now isolating as per Scottish Government and JRG guidelines"

Edited by C4mmy31

2 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

Will the football continue under that 2 week break or is it a proper old school lockdown?

Heard it's the whole country Scotland it came from a hospital manager.  Is it true ? I dont know but sounded perfectly good sense to get the covid numbers down. Schools go on holiday next Friday was told there will be announcement in Holyrood tomorrow so should know if it's a lot of shite tomorrow.  

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 25/09/2020 at 16:27, sergie's no1 fan said:
On 25/09/2020 at 14:10, 8GamesToGo said:
"Scottish football clubs are being canvassed on the potential impact of an entire season without crowds."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54299338
Great idea. If only they'd done it months ago like any competent organisation would have.
Budge's original 14-14-14 proposal while not ideal took into account the current situation and allowed for clubs that can afford to play to play.
Given the recent calls from the likes of Ross County and the SPFL itself about fairness andworking together, it's worth remembering Budge's comments at the time:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52813339

"Budge cited a "growing acceptance" that some clubs may not be able to play at all next season, with lower-league teams fearing the financial consequences of games behind closed doors.

She pledged to share Covid-19 testing facilities and resources with clubs across the divisions to help cover the costs of enabling players to return to training and playing matches.

And she says the "flexibility" of her proposal allows "each division to decide what is best for them".

She added: "This is not about permanent reconstruction. It is about finding a path to deal with the emergency situation, which is likely to impact all member clubs for the next two seasons."

She called it right and was castigated for it.

So why did Hearts vote to end the season?

Hearts didn't.

Kilmarnock face possible sanctions - including forfeiting Friday's postponed game against Motherwell - if they have breached Covid-19 protocol, says SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

The entire Rugby Park squad is self-isolating for 14 days after six positive tests in the past week.

Doncaster says the SPFL "owe it to the game" to investigate the outbreak.

He confirmed Kilmarnock will forfeit their two upcoming League Cup ties if they can't fulfil the fixtures

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Anyone else see Celtic's statement tonight where they basically said that they don't understand the rules for self-isolation in case of virus incubation?

Celtic Paranoia Syndrome rears it’s ugly head again. Do they, and Ryan Christie, not realise that you don’t have to “do anything wrong” to be asked to self isolate? It’s been a pain in the arse for loads of members of the public and for various football players in the last few months with everyone accepting that they follow the rules for the best of the nation’s health. But the second that it happens to Celtic players, particularly as they have to miss the next match against whoever, they throw their toys out of the pram. Pathetic.

Surely most club statements nowadays should be looked at through a prism of "WTF are they complaining about? That doesn't make any sense.... Ah right, I get it, they know fine well, they're just pandering to the hard-of-thinking in their support."

Still funny though tbf to them.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic Paranoia Syndrome rears it’s ugly head again. Do they, and Ryan Christie, not realise that you don’t have to “do anything wrong” to be asked to self isolate? It’s been a pain in the arse for loads of members of the public and for various football players in the last few months with everyone accepting that they follow the rules for the best of the nation’s health. But the second that it happens to Celtic players, particularly as they have to miss the next match against whoever, they throw their toys out of the pram. Pathetic.

I've even had one of their moon units on my Twitter trying to justify an exemption for Christie because..... wait for it.....  "We've got wir ain testing machine" 🤣

Oh dear......

Edited by C4mmy31

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Do they, and Ryan Christie, not realise that you don’t have to “do anything wrong” to be asked to self isolate?

I genuinely think they don't realise this, and judging by the stuff from Arsenal and Kieran Tierney, there are many folk who don't realise this.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I've even had one of their moon units on my Twitter trying to justify an exemption for Christie because..... wait for it.....  "We've got wir ain testing machine" 🤣

Oh dear......

Had one telling me on twitter today Édouard's test positive is actually probably not covid but just that normal cold. 

When I explained with evidence that, the covid tests do not result in a positive because of the common cold he told me

"It's just my opinion, from my experience. it doesn't make me wrong" 🤦‍♂️ a grown fucking man thinks because he has an opinion, it can't be wrong. 

This whole situation has flagged up that many in society are absolutely brain dead. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.