EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Guardiola and Solskjaer have also moaned about playing at noon or 12.30 on Saturday after a mid-week game.

All the “big teams” do. If they don’t like it, maybe they shouldn’t be as successful as they are. They should contrive to become a mid table run of the mill side if it bothers them that much.

I think he's well aware of what the broadcasting money does for them, that doesn't mean he can't have an opinion when it comes to player wellfare. He's warned before about the injuries that would result from the schedules, and argued for things like continuing with 5 subs. Kelly's well aware and still acts like an incredulous toddler.
Kelly seemed like he was just doing his job, asking tough questions of managers. Klopp had a personal go at him twice, which really isn't a good look.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Kelly seemed like he was just doing his job, asking tough questions of managers. Klopp had a personal go at him twice, which really isn't a good look.

Didnt see it as personal. Kelly defends his employer's right to select whatever game they like, nothing unexpected there. Klopp doesnt want to play midweek and get selected for the early Saturday game. No, it wasn't a great look, he could have ended the interview when Kelly started the wind-up and not got drawn on it. I'd rather see him make his point though that be one of these managers/players who are media trained to say eff all in every interview.

Suppose you'd argue that the lad's toenail being offside was legit as well.
I'd be seething if I was Klopp tbh.
I've said since early last season that the EPL system of applying VAR to offsides has completely forgotten about the "clear and obvious mistake" part if it. If you need to take that long to decide if it was on or offside then I would suggest it wasn't clear or obvious.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

How is that possibly not a yellow card for either pulling McBurnie back (which Dean allowed advantage with) or then scything him down from behind, yet Berge gets a yellow for an innocuous clash? 

Didn't see the game, but if the referee plays advantage for a tactical foul like a pull then he can't subsequently go back and book the player - the basic argument is that you can hardly get a yellow card for preventing a promising attack if you in fact didn't actually prevent the attack.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Didn't see the game, but if the referee plays advantage for a tactical foul like a pull then he can't subsequently go back and book the player - the basic argument is that you can hardly get a yellow card for preventing a promising attack if you in fact didn't actually prevent the attack.

It's a difficult one to describe. The whistle was at his mouth to give the free kick as McBurnie was basically being hung off of but as they stumbled and lost balance/fell over, McBurnie got to his feet the quicker of the two took a couple more touches before he was then wiped out from the same player from behind. 

Berge was booked a few minutes earlier for a foul that was nowhere near as bad as either and come about due to a bad touch from himself. McBurnie never rolled about though. 

I understand what you're saying though, just very inconsistent refereeing.