EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

i find the wanking over Liverpool equally bizarre, from the late 90's right up to 2010, there has, imo, been better Arsenal, Chelsea & United sides

equally puzzling is the love in for big Virgil Van Dijk, who is the ''best Centre back the league has ever seen'', what a load of shite that is. {i even know liverpool fans who claim he's the best ever}

I think they benefit by bringing a different "brand" of football from the tiki taka snoozefest that Pep's Barcelona popularised.

I for one enjoy the direct, relentless pressing that their play features but I also enjoy a good shitfest when it's executed perfectly.

They were incredibly fortunate last year that they didn't suffer any really bad injuries to their first XI. The nature of their style means that once players start getting injured then they'll start to rack up because of the intensity required, like what's been happening recently.

VVD is a good footballer, no question about it but I'd agree that he's not the complete defender he's perceived to be

10 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Carney has deleted her twitter account because of the amount of abuse she has received after that Leeds tweet.

I honestly despair at the amount of morons who inhabit social media. Off topic, but is there anything sinister around Costa leaving Atletico Madrid or is it just a case of his powers waning & him wanting more games elsewhere?

20 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I honestly despair at the amount of morons who inhabit social media. Off topic, but is there anything sinister around Costa leaving Atletico Madrid or is it just a case of his powers waning & him wanting more games elsewhere?

Official line is personal reasons - it was mentioned on a Spanish show the other night though that he had a massive bust up in training with Nelson Vivas (coach) and had also been complaining of lack of opportunities. He actually looked decent when fit beside Griezmann a couple of seasons ago but now looks like injuries have taken their toll. Last year or so he has toiled badly. 

7 hours ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

I for one enjoy the direct, relentless pressing that their play features but I also enjoy a good shitfest when it's executed perfectly.

The same type of football Livi get hounded for by certain corners of the scottish football media

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The same type of football Livi get hounded for by certain corners of the scottish football media

They don't try to be something they're not and play to their strengths very effectively. I like them. And the small fan base winds up people even further which I'm all for

Edited by Zapp Brannigan

Thought it was dead jammy at first but think it is shite from Mings having seen the replay. We have had plenty of possession but haven't really looked too much like scoring.
Yeah, United are happy to let Villa do what they're doing which was fine for me as it was quite nice to watch. Shite now they've scored though.