EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

5 hours ago, charger29 said:

Yes. The issue is with VAR, not the offside rule.
If technology let them they'd literally take the measurement of offsides down to the atomic level.
No rule or refs interpretation of a rule will ever be perfect no matter how much IFAB tinker. Mistakes happen as well.
Remove the lines, remove offside from VAR or better yet, get VAR to f**k.

And that's the problem the football authorities failed to anticipate. VAR is too accurate for football when used at it's capacity.

They should have implemented an old version that left some margins or not have bothered at all.

As it is we have decisions made on the strength of images where the important but is barely visible under a microscope.

10 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I agree that sounds like the 'least worse' solution, but I still question how you define a clear and obvious error when deciding whether to stick with or overturn a decision? There would surely need to be some objective criteria used to apply this, like specified margins of error in the technology?

Can it be resolved at a look at the monitor within a maximum number of seconds (15, 30 maximum)? Yes/No.

As soon as some poindexter tries to get a ruler out and draw fictional lines, the on-field verdict stands.

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Nah, there's no way Calum Chambers is still at Arsenal. I'd have been less surprised if I saw him lining up for Burnley today.

Phil Bardsley is on the bench for them. He must be nearly 50 by now. 

Edited by Jambomo

Handball rules are just now the equivalent of closing their eyes and chucking a dart at yes or no. 

It definitely shouldn't be a penalty for any normal person, because his arm didn't move towards the ball. However, under the rules it should have been so I'm baffled as to why it wasn't given.