EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

He definitely scored in Europe. Possibly against a Russian team.
Scored against (I think Rotor Volvograd) in the Cup Winners Cup - they drew 0-0 away I think then drew 2-2 at home with Schmeichel scoring the equaliser but went out on away goals. Sky had a whole "Man Utd in Europe" intro and everything that they had to hastily change for their next live European game - it changed to "Raith Rovers in Europe" and they showed the home game v Bayern at Easter Road. I think, anyway.

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, David W said:
He definitely scored in Europe. Possibly against a Russian team.

Scored against (I think Rotor Volvograd) in the Cup Winners Cup - they drew 0-0 away I think then drew 2-2 at home with Schmeichel scoring the equaliser but went out on away goals. Sky had a whole "Man Utd in Europe" intro and everything that they had to hastily change for their next live European game - it changed to "Raith Rovers in Europe" and they showed the home game v Bayern at Easter Road. I think, anyway.

Pretty sure that goal also kept up their record at that point of never having lost a European game at OT.

Why would Man City sign Kane when they can just play more Pepball and try to get Haaland for a lower price next summer?

Chocolate legs 'arry is a second-rate option in a turgid transfer market. Man United are the logical option unless Chelsea and Abramovich lose patience with Werner and bring in help. 

Edited by vikingTON

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure about Kane to City, but I could definitely see Man Utd spunking  huge amounts of money on him and giving him a ridiculous contract like they did for Alexis Sanchez

Yeah, Kane to Man U is as obvious a move as is imaginable in the #Barclays

22 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure about Kane to City, but I could definitely see Man Utd spunking  huge amounts of money on him and giving him a ridiculous contract like they did for Alexis Sanchez

Ed Woodward's out so there will not be another crazy deal for Kane. Levy will try to get a huge fee for him. With Cavani apparently staying, United will target the over-rated Sancho.

Kane has three years left on his contract I believe so Spurs would want absolute nonsense money.

Real Madrid are probably the only club that could put together a package to get it done, but they want Mbappe. 

So if any of the English clubs want him it would have to be players plus cash. Chelsea for example could offer Tammy Abraham, Timo 'Bambi on ice' Werner and another one or two plus a decent wedge.

Quite hard to see a deal being done but not impossible if players are involved. Spurs would want something ridiculous like 160m for him, maybe even more.

On 16/05/2021 at 19:07, Bairnardo said:

That list of goalies scoring.... Id have swore blind Schmeichel had scored for Man U and probably more than once.

Think he actually managed double figures in his career

Yeah I think Kane is staying at Tottenham whether he likes it or not. There are younger and better alternatives (Mbappé, Haaland) for the kind of money required and I don't think he has the bollocks to force a move the same way Eriksen did. He'll eventually break the Barclays all time scorer record but have sod all trophies to show for it. 

8 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Yeah I think Kane is staying at Tottenham whether he likes it or not. There are younger and better alternatives (Mbappé, Haaland) for the kind of money required and I don't think he has the bollocks to force a move the same way Eriksen did. He'll eventually break the Barclays all time scorer record but have sod all trophies to show for it. 

I was reading that he could go under the Webster ruling but until now the top clubs have had a gentlemens agreement not to use it.

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Think he actually managed double figures in his career

That's nothing Rodrgio Ceni scored over 100. He used to take free kicks, Chilavert and Jorge Campos also rattled them in. South America is the place for goalscoring goalkeepers and most mental things in general in football.

16 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Kane apparently looking to leave Spurs this summer. Can't say I blame him.

Surely he'll be a replacement for Aguero at City?

Levy will be delighted, imagine the bonus Uncle Joe will give him for screwing City on that transfer fee.

Still seeing nothing official bout the Kane stuff from any side which is a little unusual - i'd have at least thought the club would just deny it if it never happened?

Can't blame Kane but with three years left i can't see him leaving unless there's silly money offered and that isn't going to happen this Summer. Could of course be Kane angling for more money/ longer contract but also trying to put pressure on Levy and Co. to actually spend some cash on a decent manager who he believes in and back that manager in the market...?

Doubtful i know...