EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Klopp is an absolute child. He's the perfect Liverpool manager. Everybody's pal when things are going well, or expectations are low, but whining perma-victim when the pressure is on. 

In other news, I was pretty pleased to see Chelsea grind out a 1-0 at Spurs. The knives will be out for any mistake Tuchel makes from Frank's pals in the media so I'd be quite pleased to see them go on a decent run. It's all very reminiscent of Joe Hart being punted from Citeh to be replaced by Johnny Foreigner. Bravo was being torn apart from the get-go and folded under the pressure. Everyone of course skated over Hart being utter dogshite and continually vulnerable to conceding from less than perfectly placed free kicks. I think Hart's career trajectory shows Pep was bang on in emptying him, he just didn't get a good enough replacement in. 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Klopp is an absolute child. He's the perfect Liverpool manager. Everybody's pal when things are going well, or expectations are low, but whining perma-victim when the pressure is on. 

In other news, I was pretty pleased to see Chelsea grind out a 1-0 at Spurs. The knives will be out for any mistake Tuchel makes from Frank's pals in the media so I'd be quite pleased to see them go on a decent run. It's all very reminiscent of Joe Hart being punted from Citeh to be replaced by Johnny Foreigner. Bravo was being torn apart from the get-go and folded under the pressure. Everyone of course skated over Hart being utter dogshite and continually vulnerable to conceding from less than perfectly placed free kicks. I think Hart's career trajectory shows Pep was bang on in emptying him, he just didn't get a good enough replacement in. 

Aye.

Pep at that point was all about having a goalie who was fantastic with the ball at his feet. Valdes at Barca and the Neuer. I think Neuer being such a tremendous goalkeeper made Pep a bit complacent and he then realised he needed at least a bit of both in the EPL. Got it spot on with Ederson, even if he has had the odd wobble.

If its true that Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal to let Salah go and replace him with Mbappe with next to no outlay then that is a phenomenal piece of business. Fairs fucks if it comes to fruition. 

Same with City and Haaland - at nearly any cost. Would be an excellent addition tailor made for the set up. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

If its true that Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal to let Salah go and replace him with Mbappe with next to no outlay then that is a phenomenal piece of business. Fairs fucks if it comes to fruition. 

Same with City and Haaland - at nearly any cost. Would be an excellent addition tailor made for the set up. 

It would be interesting to see how Mbappe gets on in the EPL. He's spent a couple of years basically seal-clubbing at PSG. I don't think he'd be as prolific as Salah tbh. Liverpool's problem is really more about the squad. If they sign Mbappe and he gets injured, they're in the same boat as now, ie with a fine starting XI but about 3 or 4 injuries away from flinging in some absolute jobbers. 

Haaland on the other hand would be a superb signing got City. He's already scoring obscene numbers of goals in a fairly competitive league. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

It would be interesting to see how Mbappe gets on in the EPL. He's spent a couple of years basically seal-clubbing at PSG. I don't think he'd be as prolific as Salah tbh. Liverpool's problem is really more about the squad. If they sign Mbappe and he gets injured, they're in the same boat as now, ie with a fine starting XI but about 3 or 4 injuries away from flinging in some absolute jobbers. 

Haaland on the other hand would be a superb signing got City. He's already scoring obscene numbers of goals in a fairly competitive league. 

Somewhere in Carnoustie, Pepp is yelling at clouds about that last sentence.

I think the concussion subs are a good idea but Walton there manages to make it sound like an incredibly complicated process.

So a player has a suspected concussion, the team haven’t used any subs. He then says the club might not use a concussion sub and just use a normal sub. Why would they do that?

Just now, lichtie23 said:

So a player has a suspected concussion, the team haven’t used any subs. He then says the club might not use a concussion sub and just use a normal sub. Why would they do that?

I think it’s because using the concussion sub means the other team get an extra normal substitution to use as well, so if you’d all 3 subs left then you may not want to give the other team a fourth sub?

It wasn’t entirely clear though. 

I actually agree with you but always worth considering it’s statistically harder to score in League 1. Lots of really solid defensive teams who are lacking up front

5 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

I actually agree with you but always worth considering it’s statistically harder to score in League 1. Lots of really solid defensive teams who are lacking up front

Yeah I think that's why the likes of Sunderland find it so hard to get back up... 

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So the opponent doesn’t get the chance to also make a sub.

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it’s because using the concussion sub means the other team get an extra normal substitution to use as well, so if you’d all 3 subs left then you may not want to give the other team a fourth sub?

It wasn’t entirely clear though. 

Cheers lads. Walton never mentioned that at all