Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

4 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Noticed the game tonight is on Sky Sports Main Event, I only have Sky Sports Football and not the other channels.....guessing I’ll not see the game unless I upgrade?

Would think at worst the game will be on red button on SSF, I have Football and PL and if I can't watch the game tonight I'll have a breakdown. 

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

LiveScore are not getting a team line-up exclusive almost 4 hours before anyone else. It will appear on the UEFA website at about 18:15.

Was it not similar last time and no one possibly believed that would be the team then it was. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is far off tbh. 

49 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Everyone needs to be committed to their role and leave everything on the park tonight . Do that and we should go through. Israel have never been to a tournament in their history and will be playing well above their level tonight . We need to at least match them on that front imo

None of our players have ever been to a tournament either, and Liam Cooper is not going to start playing like Willie Miller just because he's Scottish. We go into this with the worst defensive options of any Scottish team ever, and IMO the worst goalscoring options too.

But you're right, all we can ask is every player to give everything, and if they do it'll probably be enough. The media and Scottish football public don't seem to have realised the scale of this game but the opportunity to walk out at Hampden in a championship finals match is once-in-a-lifetime stuff, it'd be the last memory you have before dementia takes you in your care home, and these play-offs are among the most important game in the lives of these players no matter what else they have in their careers.

Fk Israel, we all need this tonight.

4 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Israel are not a good side.  Let's not kid about.  Israel are not a good side.

Whilst I entirely agree that they will give us a game.  If we cannot compete with Israel - who have NEVER qualified for anything - then we don't deserve to be anywhere near a tournament finals.

image.png.a37098bcaf8957baa54c6edf0e80deec.png

image.png.db3a80028f3c3e9c04c3912d9d97c801.png

image.png.92bb1f8d81ebea398fb87831b1b349e9.png

A side on the same level as us is what they are. 

28 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Would think at worst the game will be on red button on SSF, I have Football and PL and if I can't watch the game tonight I'll have a breakdown. 

Last game was main event too, and was available to Football/PL subscribers.

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Was it not similar last time and no one possibly believed that would be the team then it was. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is far off tbh. 

It wasn't completely correct though, if I remember rightly.

A central midfield with McTominay and McGinn should absolutely boss a game like tonight's. Yes, any back four we put out is going to be piss-weak but I don't think it's made any stronger by shunting McTominay in a back five and doing so weakens our best area of the park for no apparent gain.

The livescore team is how I'd expect Clarke to line up though. I'd obviously take any kind of win but the match will be an absolute shanfest.

Edited by AMMjag

I ended up just paying a tenner for a day pass on Now TV. Despite all the advice to buy a week pass (appreciated advice which will be used in future). I reckon I’ll be lucky if I see the whole 90 minutes without my kids bothering me. I hardly ever get left alone to spend 2 hours of my life watching football on TV. Hopefully tonight is different.

C’mon Scotland! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Everyone needs to be committed to their role and leave everything on the park tonight . Do that and we should go through. Israel have never been to a tournament in their history and will be playing well above their level tonight . We need to at least match them on that front imo
Agree, we have enough to take care of them but they are dangerous going forward.
Need a quick goal to rattle them. The longer it goes on, the more panic will set in.

Ultimately im pessimistic about qualifying but would love nothing more.

1 hour ago, greenockraver said:

Im not sure of age demographics here but anyone 30 and above will know that usually , the games we are not expecting much from are the ones scotland do well in. I have no doubt we will go for it tonight with siege mentality, although I also concur with those who say that clarke simply cannot play mctominay at the back

Not true. We've had a sprinkling of great results but, generally, in games against the bigger teams we lose.

Guest bernardblack
Not sure how reliable this is but a team has appeared on livescore.Screenshot_20201008-143424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9a2b87e9171d20f18fe144b6057580af.jpg

Nothing is official until the team lines are tweeted out from the SFA account.

Now that I’ve said that it will be exactly the same as above

56 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

A side on the same level as us is what they are. 

They observably are not.  Have we ever come second bottom of a qualifying group?  They literally just did.

The answer to that is no.  We have come third in every single group since 2002, with the exception of the fourth place with Ireland, Poland, and Germany.