Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering the week they've had at their club, it's a bit of a laugh having Gallagher and O'Donnell in there.

Agreed; O'Donnell I'm guessing is in as a back up to Palmer, because he can and has played right wing back several times this season. With Forrest being out, Palmer will likely start (presuming they stick with 3 centre halves and a wing back, which I suspect they will). Gallagher did well in his caps prior, but he hasn't looked the same player this season and sold the jerseys away in Europe for Motherwell. Honking minute or so he had. 

Don't honestly expect either to start, mind you. 

9 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

Fine with this squad. It’s the best we have. 

Yip, no obvious players left out. In his interview Clarke said Porteous is suspended for the first u21s game so they wanted him to train with the main squad so might just be for experience rather than actually starting.

Real shame Cooper, McKenna and Tierney are all left footed. Seems to be the only reason you wouldn't go with that lot as a back 3.

2 minutes ago, monthefife said:

Not a bad selection but McBurnie or Paterson getting the nod over Nisbet doesn't sit well with me, to be honest. Please don't give me your "Oh but they play for better teams though" pish. 

Nisbet needs to score consistently at Premiership level before being considered for a call up.

Read on the BBC website that Porteous is suspended for the U21 game, so in in the full squad. Is he allowed to play for the full squad in that case?? Seems a rather odd distinction that you can be suspended for one but play for the other...

Edited by Spikethedee