Scottish Infrastructure

jamamafegan

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

The Glen Sannox actually works. I just saw it sail past under its own propulsion. The folk at the top were waving at us, and I don’t think they were signalling for help.

IMG_2850.jpeg

It was probably freewheeling downhill 

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

The Glen Sannox actually works. I just saw it sail past under its own propulsion. The folk at the top were waving at us, and I don’t think they were signalling for help.

IMG_2850.jpeg

Oaf. BBC Scotland/Hibbejibee will not be happy.

59 minutes ago, Pocketman said:

I have always considered this practice of people on boats and ferries waving at pedestrians to be utterly bizarre. Do these same people get on a First bus or Lothian bus into town and start waving from up stairs at passers-by? 

I do.

Not much comes close to the thrill of getting a wave back off a random.

On the school bus we used to play a game where you gave pedestrians the middle finger and if you didn't get one back, you lost. 

31 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Not much comes close to the thrill of getting a wave back off a random.

On the school bus we used to play a game where you gave pedestrians the middle finger and if you didn't get one back, you lost. 

Short career as a bus driver?

7 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Oaf. BBC Scotland/Hibbejibee will not be happy.

image.png.68d3c62646fc2a270176c46251303c7e.png

Meanwhile...

Cost to pedestrianise George Street rises £7m to £40m – but design will not be ready until end of 2026

Edinburgh's George Street revamp could see EV chargers and tree-planting abandoned to save on £40m costs (scotsman.com)

15 hours ago, Pocketman said:

I have always considered this practice of people on boats and ferries waving at pedestrians to be utterly bizarre. Do these same people get on a First bus or Lothian bus into town and start waving from up stairs at passers-by? 

Who are the pedestrians - Jesus and Peter?

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

image.png.68d3c62646fc2a270176c46251303c7e.png

Meanwhile...

Cost to pedestrianise George Street rises £7m to £40m – but design will not be ready until end of 2026

Edinburgh's George Street revamp could see EV chargers and tree-planting abandoned to save on £40m costs (scotsman.com)

Planting trees on George Street has proved a contentious subject in the capital, as those arguing they help combat the effects of climate change have clashed with heritage bodies defending the street’s original design. A compromise to have eight at either end of the thoroughfare was eventually agreed.

I feel sorry for the councillors who had to stay awake as Econerds and the Cockburn association argued with each other