Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

El Hamed now isolating as well. Still confident of putting a decent team out that can beat them but our subs bench wont be looking too good. Any more drop outs though and I would start to be nervous.

Is that him out the game?

Last I saw was he was isolating until he could get a Covid test as he had been feeling unwell.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Is that him out the game?

Last I saw was he was isolating until he could get a Covid test as he had been feeling unwell.

Thats basically the crux of it yeah would imagine we will hear a result soon enough. If he and Bitton are out we still have Julien to come in for a back 3 but not much back up defensively after that, think the young lad Welsh would be next to step in.

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Thats basically the crux of it yeah would imagine we will hear a result soon enough. If he and Bitton are out we still have Julien to come in for a back 3 but not much back up defensively after that, think the young lad Welsh would be next to step in.

Problem with Jullien and Duffy is one of them will have to go to RCB and come up against a guy who is just too fast for them.

I think if Elhamed is out, Celtic need to go back to 4-2-3-1.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Problem with Jullien and Duffy is one of them will have to go to RCB and come up against a guy who is just too fast for them.

I think if Elhamed is out, Celtic need to go back to 4-2-3-1.

As in Kent? I think Frimpong (Most likely the fastest player in the league) will track him wide till he drifts in then there would be less space to drift/dribble in to anyway. As for Julien he is faster than he looks, its more big framed players he struggles with. For a guy who scores a good few headers he allows himself to be dominated aerially too much in his own box. Glad we have Duffy now as we have been missing that aerial dominance since Boyata left plus he does it in the opponent’s box too.

Just now, gannonball said:

As in Kent? I think Frimpong (Most likely the fastest player in the league) will track him wide till he drifts in then there would be less space to drift/dribble in to anyway. As for Julien he is faster than he looks, its more big framed players he struggles with. For a guy who scores a good few headers he allows himself to be dominated aerially too much in his own box. Glad we have Duffy now as we have been missing that aerial dominance since Boyata left plus he does it in the opponent’s box too.

Probably Kent aye. Problem is if you have Frimpong man-mark him and he manages to pull Frimpong inside, then you're going to let Barisic overlap far too easily.

I suppose you could shift Ajer and put Jullien at LCB, but if you do that Rangers will just switch Kent to the right and you have the same problem with Kent and Tavernier getting 2v1's on Taylor.

This is all assuming that Elhamed tests positive of course. But if he does, I think the lack of striking options and the profile of the CB's mean that Celtic are probably best going with 4-2-3-1.

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

There’s also the chance we could only be missing Christie and Bitton, and could bring in Laxalt to the squad. Even with his recent Jack of games he might be a better option than Taylor.

I dont think Taylors great but the slagging hes been getting is way OTT. He's been underwhelming at times but solid enough, he's a full back still adjusting to the demands of a wing back, even Robertson has been struggling with that one for Scotland. Personally would stick with him for this one, even more so with the forced changes already.

27 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

There’s also the chance we could only be missing Christie and Bitton, and could bring in Laxalt to the squad. Even with his recent lack of games he might be a better option than Taylor.

I thought Edouard was already confirmed as out for the game?

It's a big risk to chuck a guy like Laxalt in to an OF game for his debut. Lennon does love taking a risk from time to time but I'd imagine the payoff isn't worth the gamble when you compare what Taylor will give you.

On the flip side, this is going to be the least intense OF in a hundred years plus, so maybe that's a factor.

Edited by G51

I thought Edouard was already confirmed as out for the game?
It's a big risk to chuck a guy like Laxalt in to an OF game for his debut. Lennon does love taking a risk from time to time but I'd imagine the payoff isn't worth the gamble when you compare what Taylor will give you.
On the flip side, this is going to be the least intense OF in a hundred years plus, so maybe that's a factor.

Edouard hasn’t confirmed that. I’m sure he is back training tomorrow, read it’s 7 days from positive test in France, providing he’s had no I’ll effects, though he can’t come back to Blighty til Friday, same time as many in international duty, just not sure he’d be in starting XI givin recent form and illness. Ajeti is back trying too.

Some interesting points raised by celtics most important fan (not Romeo )

Supporters Association blasts SFA over John Beaton appointment and international travel amid Covid-19 pandemic

The Celtic Supporters Association have written an open letter to the SFA blasting their decision to allow Hoops stars to report for international duty amid the coronavirus pandemic - and their appointment of John Beaton as the referee for the first derby of the season.
The Scottish champions face Rangers this weekend and will do so without the likes of big-hitters Odsonne Edouard, Ryan Christie, Nir Bitton and potentially Hatem Elhamed. Edouard contracted Covid-19 with France under-21s as did Bitton with Israel while Christie has been forced to self-isolate as has Elhamed, due to being in close contact with others who had the deadly virus.

General Secretary Joe O'Rourke penned the furious letter to chief Maxwell, taking aim at the SFA for 'ignoring players' health being the top priority' and allowing the stars to travel around the world. Mr O'Rourke also complained that his club would be without top players through no fault of their own as Celtic have adhered to all protocols and not returned one positive test within the club to date.

The letter read: "My plan for today was to write once again to SFA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell, but since Mr Maxwell doesn’t answer my emails I won’t waste my time. People like Maxwell and Rod Petrie think they are above the everyday Celtic supporter, that’s always been the case in my time, they think the ordinary everyday football supporter is here to provide them with a comfy chair, both at Hampden Park, and while flying all over the world, and all the trappings of grandeur they think goes with their positions within Scottish Football.

"I would like to ask Mr Maxwell why he has sat back and let FIFA/UEFA dictate to professional clubs that they need to let their players fly all around the world during a pandemic which has killed over one million people so far. Obviously the most successful clubs provide the most of these players, and therefore are most at risk, and that club in Scotland is undoubtedly Glasgow Celtic FC. We have now lost the services of at least three first pick players for Sunday’s Glasgow Derby, and we still have Wednesday night’s games to contend with.

"The players involved health comes first, that goes without saying, and that should always be the case. So why should we increase the chances of them catching the virus by letting them meet up with teammates from all over the world? Celtic have stated quite clearly that they have tested our players over 2,000 times without having one positive case, so when our players leave the relative safety of Lennoxtown, we end up with a massive problem, and none of it our own doing.

"The SFA/SPFL have lost the confidence of Scottish Football Supporters, that’s if they ever had the confidence. You Mr Maxwell, and your colleagues have sat back in your comfy seat and did absolutely nothing to aid the clubs in Scotland, well maybe with the exception of one club, the newest one in the SPL. The silence coming out of Hampden is deafening, there were teams playing all over Europe last night with supporters in attendance, have you put any pressure on the Scottish Government to have fans inside stadiums in Scotland?"

Mr O'Rourke also took a pop at the SFA for confirming referee John Beaton would take charge of this weekend's derby at Parkhead. Beaton was at the centre of controversy recently after his last game in charge between the two sides where Alfredo Morelos dodged thirty potential red card offences.

Beaton’s private details were also leaked online and he called cops after receiving threats.

But Mr O'Rourke said: "I’ll make one last point Mr Maxwell, and it’s got nothing to do with the pandemic, although it seems like an evil virus. In this historic season when Glasgow Celtic are attempting to write even more history by winning Ten in a Row, it seems that every attempt will be taken by the SFA/SPFL to stop us doing that.

"The appointment of John Beaton as referee is a complete slap in the face to Celtic and our supporters. Beaton does not even try to hide where his allegiances lie. The last time he officiated at a Glasgow Derby, he had a shameful display of bias against one team, and after that match, he received the full backing of the SFA."
The SFA has been approached for comment by Herald and Times Sport

32 minutes ago, bennett said:

Supporters Association blasts SFA over John Beaton appointment and international travel amid Covid-19 pandemic

The Celtic Supporters Association have written an open letter to the SFA blasting their decision to allow Hoops stars to report for international duty amid the coronavirus pandemic - and their appointment of John Beaton as the referee for the first derby of the season.
The Scottish champions face Rangers this weekend and will do so without the likes of big-hitters Odsonne Edouard, Ryan Christie, Nir Bitton and potentially Hatem Elhamed. Edouard contracted Covid-19 with France under-21s as did Bitton with Israel while Christie has been forced to self-isolate as has Elhamed, due to being in close contact with others who had the deadly virus.

General Secretary Joe O'Rourke penned the furious letter to chief Maxwell, taking aim at the SFA for 'ignoring players' health being the top priority' and allowing the stars to travel around the world. Mr O'Rourke also complained that his club would be without top players through no fault of their own as Celtic have adhered to all protocols and not returned one positive test within the club to date.

The letter read: "My plan for today was to write once again to SFA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell, but since Mr Maxwell doesn’t answer my emails I won’t waste my time. People like Maxwell and Rod Petrie think they are above the everyday Celtic supporter, that’s always been the case in my time, they think the ordinary everyday football supporter is here to provide them with a comfy chair, both at Hampden Park, and while flying all over the world, and all the trappings of grandeur they think goes with their positions within Scottish Football.

"I would like to ask Mr Maxwell why he has sat back and let FIFA/UEFA dictate to professional clubs that they need to let their players fly all around the world during a pandemic which has killed over one million people so far. Obviously the most successful clubs provide the most of these players, and therefore are most at risk, and that club in Scotland is undoubtedly Glasgow Celtic FC. We have now lost the services of at least three first pick players for Sunday’s Glasgow Derby, and we still have Wednesday night’s games to contend with.

"The players involved health comes first, that goes without saying, and that should always be the case. So why should we increase the chances of them catching the virus by letting them meet up with teammates from all over the world? Celtic have stated quite clearly that they have tested our players over 2,000 times without having one positive case, so when our players leave the relative safety of Lennoxtown, we end up with a massive problem, and none of it our own doing.

"The SFA/SPFL have lost the confidence of Scottish Football Supporters, that’s if they ever had the confidence. You Mr Maxwell, and your colleagues have sat back in your comfy seat and did absolutely nothing to aid the clubs in Scotland, well maybe with the exception of one club, the newest one in the SPL. The silence coming out of Hampden is deafening, there were teams playing all over Europe last night with supporters in attendance, have you put any pressure on the Scottish Government to have fans inside stadiums in Scotland?"

Mr O'Rourke also took a pop at the SFA for confirming referee John Beaton would take charge of this weekend's derby at Parkhead. Beaton was at the centre of controversy recently after his last game in charge between the two sides where Alfredo Morelos dodged thirty potential red card offences.

Beaton’s private details were also leaked online and he called cops after receiving threats.

But Mr O'Rourke said: "I’ll make one last point Mr Maxwell, and it’s got nothing to do with the pandemic, although it seems like an evil virus. In this historic season when Glasgow Celtic are attempting to write even more history by winning Ten in a Row, it seems that every attempt will be taken by the SFA/SPFL to stop us doing that.

"The appointment of John Beaton as referee is a complete slap in the face to Celtic and our supporters. Beaton does not even try to hide where his allegiances lie. The last time he officiated at a Glasgow Derby, he had a shameful display of bias against one team, and after that match, he received the full backing of the SFA."

Just change names where required and it could have come from the other half of the scum, same team different colours that can’t live without each other.

46 minutes ago, bennett said:

blah blah blah drivel

I have cut out most of that because it is like the mental utterances of the "assistant treasurer (acting)" of some tinpot bowling clubs AGM.

The Herald and Times are just as culpable, giving oxygen to that moron and the twats that lap it up.

Agree with @Killiefanthat this could have been from your radge supporters club mob too so best put those stones down when in the greenhouse.