Celtic v Rangers October 17th 12:30pm

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Out of these 4, only Elhamed was likely a guaranteed starter. The narrative has been set though in the sense if Rangers win it’s expected but if Celtic win it’s against all the odds.

Not in my hoose it’s not. I never expect Rangers to win at Celtic Park. Regardless of circumstances. 

On 11/10/2020 at 07:59, Empty It said:
On 10/10/2020 at 22:29, Funkee said:
Have you heard of Hearts FC emoji14.png

If you're going to call people neanderthals atleast learn to spell you glory hunting bigot.

Gotta love it when people resort to typos.

I ain't no glory hunting bigot you ignorant fud, I come from the east end of Glasgow and it was my local team.  Born and bred.

And you call me a bigot... oh the irony.

9 hours ago, TheLad said:

A decimated Celtic side is still better than the Rangers team.
Not a good Celtic side by a long shot but they have some winners in there, and some leaders.

Those of us whose first language is English know that the idiom you're reaching for is, 'a long chalk'.  Not surprised that you got that wrong, though.

The problem with this iteration of Celtic is Lenny keeping chopping and changing both personnel and structure..

I've watched a fair few Celtic teams over the 7 decades I've followed football and, without doubt, the best Celtic teams were the Stein yins.  As well as being tactically astute their manager knew that consistency of selection and formation was a key to success.

Questions need to be asked of Lennon even by the most ardent supporter if those four players being missing (three of which the fans constantly call shite) is such a worry on the face of it to apparently make Rangers big favourites. 

Especially so, since Rangers themselves are missing numerous players. 

Questions need to be asked of Lennon even by the most ardent supporter if those four players being missing (three of which the fans constantly call shite) is such a worry on the face of it to apparently make Rangers big favourites. 
Especially so, since Rangers themselves are missing numerous players. 
Too obvious, try to be more subtle.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

horrible b*****ds

Who are? The 180 that already travelled to Blackpool and have tested positive?

Or do you mean Rangers and Celtic fans? Which would be a stretch if you are calling them horrible b*****ds for something that hasn't actually happened...

Or do you mean Rangers and Celtic fans? Which would be a stretch if you are calling them horrible b*****ds for something that hasn't actually happened...

Absolute red herring of a story. You can bet you boots there will be more people going to Blackpool for a "holiday" than there will be football fans traveling there just to watch a game.

Diddies lap stuff like this up though.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

The horrible b*****ds (Celtic and Rangers fans) who are so fucking tragic that this is a thing, the fact the FM has to tell adults not to travel 200 miles to go to a fucking pub is so fuckin sad.

I'd also suggest anyone travelling to England for fun in the current state of the country is a moron.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The horrible b*****ds (Celtic and Rangers fans) who are so fucking tragic that this is a thing, the fact the FM has to tell adults not to travel 200 miles to go to a fucking pub is so fuckin sad.

I'd also suggest anyone travelling to England for fun in the current state of the country is a moron.

According to the article, her point about Blackpool was a general warning to say nobody should be travelling there as there has been 180 cases confirmed.

She then added the point about not travelling there to watch the game, which has been completely hijacked by the media, and by other supporters it seems.

Labelling Rangers and Celtic fans horrible b*****ds for something that hasn’t happened shows you’ve fallen for their bait.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Yes it's not as if Rangers and Celtic fans aren't horrible b******s anyway. 

I’m sure many of them are, but in this instance, they’ve done absolutely nothing wrong.

If, after the weekend it turns out folk have travelled south of the border to watch the match in a pub then I’ll join you in condemning them. But this is just another occasion of folk looking for ways to be offended and display their faux outrage.

Edited by AJF

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6159015/celtic-rangers-free-tv-watch-coronavirus/

Supporters of every other premiership team have to pay to watch their team play. The game is on Sky Sports so all you need is a NowTV day pass which is under a tenner. Fucking ridiculous if this happens but it wouldn't surprise me

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

According to the article, her point about Blackpool was a general warning to say nobody should be travelling there as there has been 180 cases confirmed.

She then added the point about not travelling there to watch the game, which has been completely hijacked by the media, and by other supporters it seems.

Labelling Rangers and Celtic fans horrible b*****ds for something that hasn’t happened shows you’ve fallen for their bait.

Gogsy made the point but they are horrible b*****ds anyway.

13 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6159015/celtic-rangers-free-tv-watch-coronavirus/

Supporters of every other premiership team have to pay to watch their team play. The game is on Sky Sports so all you need is a NowTV day pass which is under a tenner. Fucking ridiculous if this happens but it wouldn't surprise me

I would be astonished if it happened, Sky have a broadcast deal and will be looking for new signups via Now/Sky/Virgin etc unless someone comes up with humungous cash for them.

That would mean the Government paying people to do what they should be doing anyway and Sky pissing off lots of customers who pay for football so they can watch matches like this.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

I dont disagree on this point, but didnt the police state this morning that people had hired buses to take them to England for a bevvy to watch the match?

Not Blackpool but just over the border.

So, while the blackpool bit is clickbait, the general point is not a non-story.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I dont disagree on this point, but didnt the police state this morning that people had hired buses to take them to England for a bevvy to watch the match?

Not Blackpool but just over the border.

So, while the blackpool bit is clickbait, the general point is not a non-story.

And like I said before, if that happens, I’ll join those in condemning it.

I never said it was a non-story, rather an unsurprising twist by the media to fuel any anti-Rangers and Celtic feelings other fans may already have.