Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

Just now, JagsCG said:

2 goals in his last 5 games, both goals coming off the bench. Never played any part in their last match. 

That's not a bad return to be fair. I was genuinely asking - I barely watch club games in Scotland. Dykes will and SHOULD start but I reckon Griffiths is the type of player who can pull something out of nothing - even when he was a young player at Dundee (I was a season ticket holder then) he stood out like a sore thumb. Glad he is back in the fold.

1 minute ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

That's not a bad return to be fair. I was genuinely asking - I barely watch club games in Scotland. Dykes will and SHOULD start but I reckon Griffiths is the type of player who can pull something out of nothing - even when he was a young player at Dundee (I was a season ticket holder then) he stood out like a sore thumb. Glad he is back in the fold.

He will be a good option for the last half hour if we need a goal.

2 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

Agree - Dykes is the main man but Griffiths is a great option to make an impact later on. From what I can gather he’s still not fully fit (according to Neil Lennon), but clearly he’s fit enough to play some part, as he’s been doing so for Celtic. 

22 minutes ago, Need2Speak2Caesar said:

1-0 Scotland.

We are going to qualify lads .I can feel it big time. 

I can't decide how I feel about this.

One minute I look at the bookies giving Serbia an 80% chance of qualifying and I concede it's very unlikely.

Next minute I remember that Steve Clarke has a history of building teams that defy these kinds of predictions.

I'm not sure where I'd peg our chances - definitely no better than 4 in 10. Maybe 1 in 3, 1 in 4?

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

I can't decide how I feel about this.

One minute I look at the bookies giving Serbia an 80% chance of qualifying and I concede it's very unlikely.

Next minute I remember that Steve Clarke has a history of building teams that defy these kinds of predictions.

I'm not sure where I'd peg our chances - definitely no better than 4 in 10. Maybe 1 in 3, 1 in 4?

I can see us under pressure a lot of the game, but we are difficult to score against... maybe a game similar to the Czech game.

A year ago i would have been dubious about pinching the goal, but i am confident we can do it now.

Couldn't give a f**k about who's actually in the team as long as they do the business. 

I'm absoktuely bricking it. I remember vividly 1998 as I was 12 at the time and I've been through every low moment with Scotland since then. 

It's about team we were at a tournament. 

Let's dae this! 

World football is currently jealous of the Scottish national team. The great minds of Fifa and Uefa debate on a daily basis on how remaining countries can catch up with us. What's inspired over the last 3 months has been truly remarkable with the powers that be drawing up plans to introduce Ash pitches, sausage suppers and bottles of buckie to football academys all over our dear globe.
Serbia, despite their size (esp in defence), will be no match for our genetic freaks and I predict a smooth passage henceforth to the Finals being secured demain soir.

Proper shiteing it now. Have started doing weird nervous stuff like repainting woodwork in the house that didn't really need repainting.

ETA: ^^^OFTW, etc.
Ha ha, I do that shit too. Potter around finding things that don't need done to keep mind off match. I'll probably have about 4 showers tomorrow just to kill time before match.