Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

1 hour ago, the snudge said:

This thread should be about getting pumped up for the biggest Scotland game in years, instead we've got 2 roasters arguing over the height of defenders. Sit doon.

One of them did sit doon and was promptly dropped for not being tall enough!

Just now, AJF said:

Okay, this is growing tiresome so to try and move on let's summarise where we are:

You believe being big and strong is more of an important selection criteria than a players level of ability.

I appreciate that being big and strong is an advantage but I believe it is not the golden rule and a players ability also needs to be factored in.

Other people may believe height is not an advantage. I think we both disagree with that.

Is that accurate enough? If so, let's move on.

Incorrect, I dont believe its more important. Its very important but if your big and crap. Your still crap.

2nd part yes, we both agree on that. That Aufc is incorrect.

26 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Yes the game has changed to becoming more technical whereby it generally doesnt matter how tall you are.

Ok having a centre half who is tall may be an advantage at certain levels but it doesnt really matter at the highest level.

Not sure what "the highest level" has to do with Scotland v Serbia 

Incorrect, I dont believe its more important. Its very important but if your big and crap. Your still crap.
2nd part yes, we both agree on that. That Aufc is incorrect.

Why does messi not struggle against tall centre halves then?

51 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Yes the game has changed to becoming more technical whereby it generally doesnt matter how tall you are.

Ok having a centre half who is tall may be an advantage at certain levels but it doesnt really matter at the highest level.

Nah that's pish.  Go and google the top 20 teams in Europe, have a look at the height of all their CB's, then you'll see you're talking shite.

This height talk has made we realise why we haven't qualified for anything since 1998.

Clearly the problem was the criminal overlooking of Chris Templeman.

I was watching the video of all of Sannys goals for Montrose this morning, as I do every morning, and I was thinking to myself that we would almost certainly have qualified for a few tournaments if he had been in the squad.