Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

5 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

As we all expected then more or less. Hard to argue with the line up. Armstrong and Griffiths to come on for Dykes/Christie/McGinn if we need to chase things, several defensive options off the bench, shift to a back 4 with Tierney at LB and McGregor (?) on the right of midfield if we want to change things up to a 442/451?

Lolwut?

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

100% this. McGregor is a waste of a Scotland shirt every time. He’ll probably play a blinder and score a worldie now I’ve said that.

McGregor better get his arse in gear tonight and play well. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

100% this. McGregor is a waste of a Scotland shirt every time. He’ll probably play a blinder and score a worldie now I’ve said that.

He probably does quite a bit off camera that we're not seeing, however I agree that both he and Christie are far from their best at club level where as Armstrong is playing out of his skin at the moment and should be the first name on the team sheet.

Guest bernardblack
McGregor can be brilliant going forward but that's not the role he plays with Scotland, would probably have someone else in there but he's calm on the ball and can keep hold of it if nothing else.

Agreed.

We aren’t going to see much of the ball tonight and he will keep it when we do.

Just now, WATTOO said:

He probably does quite a bit off camera that we're not seeing, however I agree that both he and Christie are far from their best at club level where as Armstrong is playing out of his skin at the moment and should be the first name on the team sheet.

There’s not much we don’t see on camera and I very much doubt he’s doing anything useful off the ball when he normally does heehaw right when he’s got it.

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

100% this. 

He pings in 30 yarders v us in finals but I do not see it in the Scotland squad. Seems a waste of a jersey and has largely been anonymous and I think Armstrong is a better player for this type of game. 

I would love to be proved wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

"McGregor is pish for Scotland!" the latest tired cliche of folk who don't know the difference between a football and a grape

Hilarious and clueless at the same time coming from the least football minded poster I’ve had the misfortune to read. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I would have had Armstrong ahead of Christie, but Christie probably is the most likely player we have to come up with some magic from 30 yards or something in a game like this. 

I'd agree with this, although the next argument is would we have Armstrong over Robertson ?