Ayr United v Queen of the South - multi club forum match thread

Well I didn't have high hopes for this season at all before a competitive ball was kicked. Slightly more optimistic now. Drawing with ten man Partick was a poor result but there were many changes on Tuesday night and still some positives in that and the Morton game. Lots of positives in the St Mirren game. 

Nortey Nortey actually settled pretty well after a dodgy first 10 minutes on Tuesday so I presume he will start to allow Gibson onto the touchline. 

Gibson has also pleasantly surprised me. He looked decent at right back and looks like he could even do a job on the wing in the last 20 minutes of matches! 

Now I'm off to buy my stream!

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

It's no the same as listening to the players shouting in an empty stadium or in normal times just chucking a game on and listening to fans.  Sitting in silence or with tunes on isn't a replacement for me but I do do it. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. Did we have 'crowd noise' before the commentary for the first 5 mins on Tuesday? I can't really remember tbh.

The key for me today is for a smoother picture. The repeated freezing was most frustrating but understandable. 

Hopefully once its established you can choose to have 'stadium noise' rather than commentary.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

Crowd wankery and an over-inflated opinion of their team’s ability. The Honest Bairns might be a more suitable nickname for Ayr this season.

yeah, I think the match preview yesterday put an end to any sense of that.

1 hour ago, QOS1919 said:

Still no code for the game☹️ messaged Ayr United media on Twitter and was advised to email support at aumedia, done this twice and still no reply getting a bit pissed off emoji35.png now, Queens tv live is a dream to buy from compared to Ayr mediaemoji36.png

Check your email inbox as I got another reminder email sent at 1244 with the code on it.

Just noticed it was for season ticket holders but hopefully PPV folk get a reminder too.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

No commentary is horrible, even if the commentary itself is horrible.  Means you can't take your eyes off the screen for even a second in case you miss something, at leastwith commentary you get some warning in case you happen to be looking away.

You shouldn’t even be blinking!

2 hours ago, QOS1919 said:

Still no code for the game☹️ messaged Ayr United media on Twitter and was advised to email support at aumedia, done this twice and still no reply getting a bit pissed off emoji35.png now, Queens tv live is a dream to buy from compared to Ayr mediaemoji36.png

The code should be emailed to you a couple of minutes later under an email called tickets. You checked your spam folder and sure you put in the right email address?

26 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

I paid for the stream earlier and got an email with the ppv code a few seconds later. Been all good so far.

Yeah, just did it now. Logged in, paid, was emailed a code and I'm now into the page (which isn't currently doing anything understandably). All within one minute.

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The code should be emailed to you a couple of minutes later under an email called tickets. You checked your spam folder and sure you put in the right email address?

I bought my ticket at around 10am... still no email though :(

Ferguson

Nortey
Ayo
Buchanan
Maxwell

Robinson
McKee
McCabe
Fitzpatrick

East
Dobbie

Swap Shields with Robinson and that would have been my pick. Not sure why Shields is benched given he's been one of our best players so far.

Why has Houston sat on the bench for the majority of the league cup games. We’re significantly weaker with Muirhead at RB. 

ETA - if Houston can play 30 minutes midweek then he can most definitely start today - even if he only plays 60.

Edited by No_Problemo