Scotland Squad face November

Craigieboy86

If HS is still available to be capped by Scotland, it does pose the question: should we?

Setting aside the previous hyperbole on here and letting go of past entrenchments, and if we were being totally mercenary then I would say we should try to get him. He could be a good option to have if not now then in future.

Doubt he'd switch now though.

I think this is a non-starter. He was saying recently how it has all just clicked with Australia and he wouldn't change his mind now.  He would stroll into our team and allow McTominay to play in midfield, making us a better team.  Also good for set pieces.

Setting aside the face anyone who may have said in the past this would happen has now been proven right and obviously kens their stuff, its just a shame.  I mean imagine some joe online can see it a mile off, and we have a bellend like Ricky Sbragia not calling up a 19 year old for an u19s team 'cause he's pure no playin furst team fitba ken' and within like 18 months the boys fuckin class and would stroll into our senior side, forget the age group teams, and we've lost him to another country..

Something's badly wrong there, I know Sbragia has gone but FFS. That has happened too many times.

As for whether we should go after him if he's eligible absolutely we should. He's our player, we gave birth to him, raised him, made him the player and person he is, his fuckin brother plays for us, we have every right to be all over him trying to persuade him.  As it happens I think Scotland are going to have a decent wee period now so we can offer that to him too, can be a part of that, maybe even a Euros next summer.

Did SSC not manage to persuade Lyndon to play for us ?

There is a slight possibility SSC could manage a brilliant team in the future.

Players avoiding ( further ) injury and being as good with their right foot as left

then every available player helps

Edited by ewan14

3 hours ago, ewan14 said:

THE PLOT THICKENS

As far as I can see HARRY has been replaced by Tom McIntyre of the u - 21 s

That article states that "Tom McIntyre is among the Championship's top performers this season having played regularly for league leaders Reading,"

He's played a whopping 67 mins spread over 6 games, starting none.

Utter drivel.

10 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

That article states that "Tom McIntyre is among the Championship's top performers this season having played regularly for league leaders Reading,"

He's played a whopping 67 mins spread over 6 games, starting none.

Utter drivel.

It's a sorry state of affairs that someone is being paid to produce rubbish like that.

It would be some laugh if we poached Souttar after already getting Dykes to commit.

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's a sorry state of affairs that someone is being paid to produce rubbish like that.

It would be some laugh if we poached Souttar after already getting Dykes to commit.

What amazes me is how quick it is to fact check something like that. Yet more often than not they dont bother.

The absolute sack that I am I usually check which Scottish players started in the top 2 divisions down south and abroad, so quickly called bullshit on the statement. But someone has literally just seen he's made 6 appearances for a good Reading team and put 2 and 2 together.

Would be fine if it was a fans website or someone trying to back up a point on here. But someone actually gets paid to produce that. Mental 

I get that Gordon is a good keeper, but he's not better than Marshall or McLaughlin. So I don't really see the point in bringing in a third choice keeper who isn't going to gain anything from the experience. I thought Clarke was on the right lines with bringing in a younger player for that - could have brought in Doohan this time.

Saying that, it's just a third-choice keeper, so it's hard to care too much about it.

20 minutes ago, G51 said:

I get that Gordon is a good keeper, but he's not better than Marshall or McLaughlin. So I don't really see the point in bringing in a third choice keeper who isn't going to gain anything from the experience. I thought Clarke was on the right lines with bringing in a younger player for that - could have brought in Doohan this time.

Saying that, it's just a third-choice keeper, so it's hard to care too much about it.

I think the COVID situation makes things a little different though. It’s not out with the realms of possibility that we might need our third choice keeper. If we do then I think it’s obvious who we want as third choice!

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think the COVID situation makes things a little different though. It’s not out with the realms of possibility that we might need our third choice keeper. If we do then I think it’s obvious who we want as third choice!

That's fair. It's not that big a deal anyway.

My own view is that Gordon is the best available keeper we have, so I'm glad he's back in, but Marshall will almost certainly be starting if fit. I'd be very surprised if he was dropped at this stage and in all honesty the difference is fairly marginal, so he deserves to keep his spot. 

I don't expect many surprises in this squad; maybe Griffiths, maybe Nisbet? Someone will come in to fill the gap Fleck leaves, but I'm not really sure who that will be. 

Shankland's spot might be in peril, given he didn't feature in the nations league games, hasn't been scoring in the intervening period and has Nisbet and Griffiths making cases of their own.