Scotland Squad face November

Craigieboy86

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Nisbet has scored against Hamilton, Livingston, St Mirren, Killie and Cove Rangers.

Yup; so he might warrant a place ahead of Shankland, who to my count has two goals, against St Mirren and Hamilton. 

Nisbet has scored relentlessly for the last 2 seasons at 2 different levels and is scoring regularly this season. He should be a bolt on for the squad. Craig Gordon definetly should be in there as well. He is an experienced international goalkeeper regardless of him being 1st,  2nd or 3rd choice to start.

6 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Nisbet has scored relentlessly for the last 2 seasons at 2 different levels and is scoring regularly this season. He should be a bolt on for the squad. Craig Gordon definetly should be in there as well. He is an experienced international goalkeeper regardless of him being 1st,  2nd or 3rd choice to start.

How about Nathan Austin then? He scored even more than Nisbet last season.

Nisbet might need/want a week off tbf.

Usually its the RCB who's allowed to get forward out the back 3, but wonder if Hanley being involved means we're likely to see that switch to Tierney as a LCB, and a more defensive RCB than McTominay put in there?

Nisbet should be in over Shankland IMO. He should definitely be in over Oli Burke, who is actually a bad footballer.

It's an okay squad apart from that. Some real blasts from the past in there. Grant Hanley, Craig Gordon, Leigh Griffiths - has Mr Strachan taken charge!!!!!

Shankland is better than Nisbet.

Nisbet is playing a side where Martin Boyle and Doidge attract half the opposition defence away from him, and also had the benefit of Livingston having a clusterfuck and presenting him with 3 taps in within 6 yards.

Shankland plays in a United side where he's the only threat, and they've spent half the season playing a proper back 5, with the midfielders barely getting out their own half.

If you're comparing them on goals alone its not a fair comparison.

Strong squad, continuity the name of the game, to the surprise of absolutely nobody. Griffiths a great option to have on the bench should we need to change the game. 

Clarke still wanting Hanley included, but you'd think starting him in the final would be a risk they'd not take. Expect he'll start one or both of the nations league ones, though, given how often Clarke has tried to include him. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shankland is better than Nisbet.

Wrong.

I assume you are basing this on all the times you'll have seen these two play in League 1 and the Championship last season, and not a handful of games in Premiership? (which, btw, Nisbet is already proving he is a much better player)

It's a farce that Nisbet hasn't been called up. I know Griffiths is a massive threat, but it is extremely unfair to call him and guys like Paterson, who isn't even a striker, ahead of a guy that is top goal scorer in the league and has been playing regularly since the season started. 

Apart from that, no qualms and it's pretty much as good as it possibly can be.

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wrong.

I assume you are basing this on all the times you'll have seen these two play in League 1 and the Championship last season, and not a handful of games in Premiership? (which, btw, Nisbet is already proving he is a much better player)

It's a farce that Nisbet hasn't been called up. I know Griffiths is a massive threat, but it is extremely unfair to call him and guys like Paterson, who isn't even a striker, ahead of a guy that is top goal scorer in the league and has been playing regularly since the season started. 

Whilst I can definitely see an argument for Nisbet ahead of Shankland, I wouldn't go as far as saying the inclusion of the latter over the former is a farce. Shankland has worked with Clarke and played a few international matches already, so those factors might have sealed the deal. Ditto Paterson. Griffiths, on the other hand, has scored goals for Scotland, has 19 caps already and has played and scored in Champions League and Europa League games. 

Including Griffiths ahead of Nisbet is not by any means extremely unfair. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wrong.

I'm basing it on what I've seen of both. Shankland is better with his back to goal, and linking play, than Nisbet, and would be an effective lone striker. 

Nisbet requires a strike partner, and preferably one who can make space for him so he can drift into the left half space and get away from a marker.

Griffiths is levels above both.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

When the main bone of contention for most is the inclusion of Hanley or which Scottish Premiership striker should be 3rd or possibly 4th choice in the squad Clarke has done a pretty decent job.

This is it really. Our team for the Serbia game won't have Shankland, Burke or Hanley in it, so it doesn't matter as much.