Taskmaster

Miguel Sanchez

On 31/05/2024 at 11:45, The Minertaur said:

Fantastic series finale last night.  Think every task was excellent. Deserved winner for the series.

Next series cast:
image.png.9c955102e4e4ba84a1e5087eb757fede.png

Excited for Andy Zaltzman, Babatunde Aleshe and Jack Dee.

The three of them are going to be like the odd throuple, like them all massively in their own ways so really happy with this line up.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty raging with that new line-up purely because I can't wait to see Jack Dee on it but I'll struggle to watch the show as Rosie Jones is on it. She's absolutely chronic. 

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Just saw read that Rosie Jones will be on the new series.

She's not funny. Nothing to do with her disability. She's chronic.

Won't be watching 

I don't find her funny either but no chance am I missing Jack Dee on Taskmaster!

The series that took me the longest time to get through featured that irritating arsehole Judi Love. Incredibly loud and very unfunny. On more than one occasion it took me a couple of sittings to get through an episode. 

I fear Rosie Jones could be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. If it wasn't for Jack Dee I would give this Series a miss. Sincerely hope it's edited in a way where she doesn't feature too much but I fully expect the opposite and she'll get more screen time than anyone else. 

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

You've missed one out.

Probably cause i have nothing that constructive to say about Rosie. I can tolerate her in small batches, but by saying that i feel like i come across as a bit “holier than thou” and i don’t want it to come across that way. It is going to be tough watching it with her in it, but she isn’t enough to put me off. Only thing that would make me think twice about watching it, is if James Corden was on it. 

Thought it was really good first episode.Rosie Jones is marmite but thought the editors had got it about right with her .Being a comedian is all about how the joke is delivered but her illness means it takes ages for the punchline to be reached and I think that what annoys folk .( I admit it does me) Emma I was completely unaware of but thought she was excellent and with the others I think we could be on to a good series 

14 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Thought it was really good first episode.Rosie Jones is marmite but thought the editors had got it about right with her .Being a comedian is all about how the joke is delivered but her illness means it takes ages for the punchline to be reached and I think that what annoys folk .( I admit it does me) Emma I was completely unaware of but thought she was excellent and with the others I think we could be on to a good series 

Yeah, agree a lot with this. I quite like Rosie's writing and I think she can be pretty funny but the old adage about comedy being all about...

...timing is really true. I thought she was fine on episode one, is clearly having a ball, is also clearly f**king crazy, and some of the fun came from the others realizing where she was going and laughing at that. I certainly don't think she's anywhere near as bad as ooo, let's say Alice Levine or Lou Sanders. 

I love Zaltzman and hope he wins.

Didn't realise this had actually started but found that my Sky box had recorded it. So before I watch it, am I right in thinking that it wasn't as much of a car crash as everybody felt it would be? I must admit I don't mind Rosie Jones in small doses but I'm wondering how she would cope with some of the more physical tasks. Bottom line - is it worth watching or not?

On 14/09/2024 at 13:31, GordonD said:

Didn't realise this had actually started but found that my Sky box had recorded it. So before I watch it, am I right in thinking that it wasn't as much of a car crash as everybody felt it would be? I must admit I don't mind Rosie Jones in small doses but I'm wondering how she would cope with some of the more physical tasks. Bottom line - is it worth watching or not?

If you don't like Rosie Jones she doesn't do anything to change your mind here. I thought she was as chronic as ever tbh. 

I got through the episode in one sitting tbf. Something I failed to do, numerous times when Judi Love featured. 

Watched it last night, still find Rosie Jones annoying and unfunny, but enjoyed the episode. In fact how Greg described one of her tasks, where he found it annoying, is exactly how i find all her stuff. The rest are pretty good though, pity she's in it or it could've been the best series of task Master yet.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you don't like Rosie Jones she doesn't do anything to change your mind here. I thought she was as chronic as ever tbh. 

I got through the episode in one sitting tbf. Something I failed to do, numerous times when Judi Love featured. 

Hadn't a clue what she actually did, vaguely knew her from just being on things, but still had no idea what she did for a living, that got her on things in the first place.* Was shocked to learn she did stand up, really, who the actual f**k would pay to go to a show and listen to her. At first i thought it was some act she put on, and i just wasn't getting it. 

Had forgotten she was on Strictly, instantly forgettable, that's how much of an impact she had.

*but we live in a world where talentless f**ks are famous for being famous, for doing f**kall but appearing on the telly, and somehow blag a living doing it.