Queen of the South vs Raith Rovers, 24/10/2020

Agreed, but I’m not sure he’s really fully ready. I simply named the three subs that would be used, not the whole group riding the pine. If Vaughan is really ready for limited action, I’d certainly see him for Ross at the 60-75 mark. It was great to see him play the other day, but I’m also happy to wait another couple of games to let him get back up to game speed.

Iv been happy to roll will "gando and sando" I may even be happy to go with the jmac and kmac vibe you've now got going. I can't ever condone "riding the pine" though! Shape up tx!

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Iv been happy to roll will "gando and sando" I may even be happy to go with the jmac and kmac vibe you've now got going. I can't ever condone "riding the pine" though! Shape up tx!

Round IS a shape, and I’m well qualified! I had to toss that in there for Davie to be aghast at.

5 hours ago, grumswall said:

Is he not essentially your highest transfer fee just due to the sell on clause? That on top of keeping you in the championship with a couple of solid performances makes it baffling any queen's fan would argue against his contribution to the club.

Oh for God's sake, do you not think I'd maybe heard about the transfer fee and welcomed it?

Actually he probably delivered more than a "couple of solid performances", as you put it, but I don't think he was that outstanding for Queens over the piece, which is why I take issue with the notion that he somehow "saved" us.  It's preposterous.

Had he not gone on to much greater things since leaving, I can guarantee that nobody would be raving about what he did with Queens

I think his contribution to us, pre QPR move, was not especially significant.  In fact, had the ref not fallen for his dive moments later, his main contribution would have been in the shape of an inexplicable handball against Falkirk, which would have seen us relegated outright.

My case isn't that he was rubbish with us - he wasn't.  It's that what he offered at Queens is very much seen through the lens of what he's done since, which has a distorting effect.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

36 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Glad nobody is getting worked up about that piece at all. 

Nobody is getting worked up over the article but you raked over the Dykes coals again and gave MT an opening. He wasnt likely to miss it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Nobody is getting worked up over the article but you raked ovet the Dykes coals again and gave MT an opening. He wasnt likely to miss it.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Me too.

It was a good piece, as I said at the outset.

Aye, it's fair enough. I can understand where MT is coming from. From my perspective, I felt Dykes was a standout in the playoffs. Obviously, you guys will have seen how he'd performed across the course of the season so can form a better opinion. I wasn't surprised to see Dykes adjust comfortably to the top flight based off his games against us. Sometimes something can click with a player: same thing happened to a lesser degree with Brian Graham when with us - he went for a hernia operation and came back looking like an absolute goalscoring juggernaut.

Bought the game, 2nd virtual away day for me, will be getting the pints in from 2pm onwards.
I’ve skipped past the details on the QotS Live page, and maybe missed on here, does Queens use the Pixelot system or is it good guys/gals behind the camera?
As for the game, I reckon it’ll be pretty tight, bookies favouring the draw, would love a win - obviously!

Let’s go for the new nicknames in the line-up (courtesy of TxRover) -

JMac
Tumilty Davo Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

Head says 1-1, heart says 1-2.

7 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Bought the game, 2nd virtual away day for me, will be getting the pints in from 2pm onwards.
I’ve skipped past the details on the QotS Live page, and maybe missed on here, does Queens use the Pixelot system or is it good guys/gals behind the camera?
As for the game, I reckon it’ll be pretty tight, bookies favouring the draw, would love a win - obviously!

JMac
Tumilty Davo Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

Definitely no Pixellots were harmed in the making of our games.

The online system is the same as ParsTV, so up to you if you consider that good guys or not :lol:

8 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

No to Pixellot

22 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, it's fair enough. I can understand where MT is coming from. From my perspective, I felt Dykes was a standout in the playoffs. Obviously, you guys will have seen how he'd performed across the course of the season so can form a better opinion. I wasn't surprised to see Dykes adjust comfortably to the top flight based off his games against us. Sometimes something can click with a player: same thing happened to a lesser degree with Brian Graham when with us - he went for a hernia operation and came back looking like an absolute goalscoring juggernaut.

Thats the whole debate though. Even MT isnt saying Dykes isnt a good player now, he is saying he became one after leaving us. I couldnt disagree more. We both know this though. Any opportunity and we go again......😆

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats the whole debate though. Even MT isnt saying Dykes isnt a good player now, he is saying he became one after leaving us. I couldnt disagree more. We both know this though. Any opportunity and we go again......😆

I wonder what Broken Algorithms' views are on Jim McIntyre.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

40 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

JMac
Tumilty Davo Bene KMac
Matthews Hendry
Armstrong Tait Ross
Duku

And what about those who are " riding the pine"?

Such a glorious expression!😲😂😂

Fair play to MessiScott for doubling down on the "Queens are shite" posts, I was planning on easing up on them on the run up to Dunfermline playing them, before in the eventuality of Dunfermline losing, claiming that it wasn't a surprise. 

Or if Dunfermline won, claiming it was no surprise, brave.