The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

I for one am deeply moved by the amazing display of conscience and the stunning self-sacrifice of Trump administration officials nobly resigning 13 days before the end of their employment, in response to behaviour by Trump that was in no way predictable, consistent with everything he has done since entering politics and that they enabled. Heroes one and all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55576676

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The thing is there was no control and there was no grand plan (at least on Trump's part)

No one knows how the mob storming the Capitol was going to turn out.

Trump stood down the National Guard to wait and see what unfolded, if he could get to the next point that would allow him to remain in power. Too many people look back at history and claim people had shit planned out but really most events are a series of small opportunities that build into something that eventually achieves the goal.

Well no, I don't think this was a grand plan by Trump but I do believe some people went there with a malicious plan, hoping the rest of the crowd would get caught up in it.

So the bombs were real, not fakes. The police let everyone go, didn't make any arrests, and now the bombmakers are out and about and there's an inauguration in two weeks time?

Seems like a good plan.

So the bombs were real, not fakes. The police let everyone go, didn't make any arrests, and now the bombmakers are out and about and there's an inauguration in two weeks time?
Seems like a good plan.
His complete silence about the Nashville bomb has shown that Trump isn't bothered about fascists bombing folk.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Plenty of overtime they said. Good retirement plan, medical insurance, subsidised canteen they said. Free coffee and doughnuts. :bairn

https://vp.nyt.com/video/2021/01/06/91017_1_06-vi-mob-officer_wg_720p.mp4

I've done the Capitol tour in DC (highly recommended by the way).

The Capitol police are effectively there to check rucksacks of Japanese students and point lost tourists towards the nearest toilet. 

It beggars belief that there were no DC police or national guard deployed when it was fairly obvious what was going to happen. 

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:
3 hours ago, doulikefish said:
Everybody is just waiting on his twitter ban to be over

If you mean trump, he has to delete the tweets first, then he still has a 12 hour ban after that.

I don't care if Trump has access to Facebook and twitter. Just keep him away from the nuclear button.

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Capitol police are effectively there to check rucksacks of Japanese students and point lost tourists towards the nearest toilet. 

It beggars belief that there were no DC police or national guard deployed when it was fairly obvious what was going to happen. 

DC National Guard are generally deployed by the President, which explains why there were none on site. Not as yet sure how Pence was given authority to mobilize them yesterday afternoon. 

28 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The federal buildings aren't actually in the DC police jurisdiction,

At the mayor's press conference last night some journalist was trying to go on about how the city wide curfew really had no legal basis on Federal property. Promptly told to STFU.

I wonder if anyone is asking the Maryland and Virginia governors about the legality of sending troops into washington last night.

51 minutes ago, G51 said:

Seems like a good plan.

White privilege is real. 

10 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The federal buildings aren't actually in the DC police jurisdiction,

At the mayor's press conference last night some journalist was trying to go on about how the city wide curfew really had no legal basis on Federal property. Promptly told to STFU.

I wonder if anyone is asking the Maryland and Virginia governors about the legality of sending troops into washington last night.

Ive also done the capital tour (also recommend it) and because of Dc's unique status and if i remember correctly the Virginia Governor has the authority to do that.

I was honestly racking my brain last night when it came up on Cnn that the pence and the Gov of Virginia had ordered the national guard in as to why they would be involved in that decision and at least something the tour guide said had stuck in my brain 

Edited by doulikefish

26 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

DC National Guard are generally deployed by the President, which explains why there were none on site. Not as yet sure how Pence was given authority to mobilize them yesterday afternoon. 

CNN is reporting that from a legal perspective, he didn't have the authority. Trump's aides had apparently spent hours practically begging him to take action but he point blank refused. As a result, Pence simply went over his head to do what needed to be done.

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Ive also done the capital tour (also recommend it) and because of Dc's unique status and if i remember correctly the Virginia Governor has the authority to do that.

I was honestly racking my brain last night when it came up on Cnn that the pence and the Gov of Virginia had ordered the national guard in as to why they would be involved in that decision and at least something the tour guide said had stuck in my brain 

DC has their own guard under the command of the President.

Pence absolutely is not allowed to order them to do anything. He has no authority outside of chairing the Senate.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

White privilege is real. 

not according to these gentlemen

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/index.php

frightening & fascinating in equal amounts, even growing up in the bigoted shithole known as the West of Scotland, and having workmates who's auld da ''never had a catholic in his hoose''

this website is on another level.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

DC has their own guard under the command of the President.

Pence is absolutely not allowed to order them to do anything. He has no authority outside of chairing the Senate.

The Gov of Virginia is the key 

Im going to look it up when i get finished