The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

40 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There is a DC National Guard too. Every state has one.

And they are only supposed to operate in State. They can't go across State lines without being invited. And Trump is the only person who can give that order for Washington DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Guard#State_and_territory_duty

As i mentioned i remembered something a tour guide told me a few years because Washington Dc is not in any state its treated differently.The president has the authority over the dc national guard but the dept of defense can call in other national guards and it seems this it what happened yesterday

"Pentagon Approves Deploying National Guard to Quell Pro-Trump Protests | National News | US News" https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2021-01-06/pentagon-approves-deploying-national-guard-to-quell-pro-trump-protests?context=amp

Not trying to win the "internet" or anything its actually been bugging me since last night but ive been busy today so havent had the chance to look it up

36 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

This is true but what does that have to do with anything? Explain your thinking here.

Maybe it's a good thing that they were a bit flexible about it being the Vice President rather than the President on the line asking for help. If Trump hadn't changed all the top people in the Pentagon recently we might have hoped they would do the same with any late night instructions, and check what Pence thinks.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe it's a good thing that they were a bit flexible about it being the Vice President rather than the President on the line asking for help. If Trump hadn't changed all the top people in the Pentagon recently we might have hoped they would do the same with any late night instructions, and check what Pence thinks.

People should be able to say it was both illegal and good.

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

Seen this photo on twitter, there were obviously some there with a plan to do some real terrorist stuff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErI-lFEXcAExhgb?format=jpg&name=medium

Hadn't noticed it before but having his phone there looks like he was going to be filming it or documenting it as it seems a strange place to keep your phone otherwise.

Could be similar to the nazi in NZ

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Things I've learned from reading conservative comments on social media today.

1. They were innocent
2. They were patriots
3. They were justified
4. They were Black LIves Matter
5. They were Antifa
6. They were Marxists

Seems the right don't have their story straightened out just yet.

Slight tangent, but it's a hoot how right-wing papers here such as The Telegraph and Express.....who for 4 years lauded Trump as the greatest President ever, who boasted about the 'special relationship' between Trump and Johnson, and who only 2 months ago prayed for him to be re-elected because Biden is a leftie, tree hugging, gay loving, ****** IRA sympathiser..... have now suddenly had an epiphany and see him as the lunatic man-child he really is. 

Hypocritical fuckers.

19 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's a real shame about that woman being shot

Reveal hidden contents

https://im2.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-2-f1a343814520.gif

NGL I watched a video of that psychopath and she was putting politicians "on notice" and laughed at how that ended up.  She was rampaging with c***s like this, no loss to the world. 

20210107_190754.jpg