Rangers vs Aberdeen - 22nd November

3 hours ago, Jorg Albertz said:

No it's not misleading it shows it as it is. 

Take away the games in hand and its 5 points.

15 games and we've only dropped 4 points, hopefully we can keep up this form.

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

We're on pace for a 104 point season if we can. Would be two points shy of Celtic's 2016/17 undefeated season.

And of course, if our defensive performance holds out, we'd break the record for least goals conceded in a season by a ridiculous amount. I think the current record is eighteen, and 15 games into this season we've conceded three.

Edited by G51

2 hours ago, bennett said:

I know what you mean but I wouldn't give them 6 points automatically for the games in hand. 1 is at home to the mighty Aberdeen and you saw how good they are..

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

That would also have made it a hat trick of og’s on the day.

Indeed it would.

Regardless as someone on here said at the time, still expect to see Kent's effort ricocheting off Hoban to be a contender for goal of the season.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Roofe's goal was far better than Kent's IMO.

Mostly because of how funny it was watching Andy Considine trying to flip his hips to catch him.

I'd say from our point of view the disappointment is that none of the goals were particularly great play.

Kent's is unlucky but Ojo is pathetic in the build up which creates the space. Roofe and Arfield - we're letting you run at us from out wide into the centre of our box almost unchallenged and Considine is just a boob for the penalty.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'd say from our point of view the disappointment is that none of the goals were particularly great play.

Kent's is unlucky but Ojo is pathetic in the build up which creates the space. Roofe and Arfield - we're letting you run at us from out wide into the centre of our box almost unchallenged and Considine is just a boob for the penalty.

They weren't goal of the season contenders (though of course Kent's will win the SPFL's goal of the month to much outrage), but I think Roofe and Arfield were just exploiting vulnerabilities in Aberdeen's system. I know folk are saying Leigh could have made a challenge - and he could, but by doing so he could easily give away a penalty. And Arfield's of course took a big deflection, but the luck swung both ways yesterday (Roofe penalty, Aribo shot hitting Roofe etc).

I still don't understand McInnes's thinking with the man-marking system against Rangers. Yeah it might be the way you play every week, but it's really high-risk vs us. We're capable of completely dismantling that system, like we did yesterday. It was one thing doing it last year, but this year we've bought players who rely pretty exclusively on running off-the-ball to make chances, plus we're pulling Morelos a lot deeper. I thought Aberdeen could have given themselves a much better chance going zonal and then man-marking maybe one or two players.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

They weren't goal of the season contenders (though of course Kent's will win the SPFL's goal of the month to much outrage), but I think Roofe and Arfield were just exploiting vulnerabilities in Aberdeen's system. I know folk are saying Leigh could have made a challenge - and he could, but by doing so he could easily give away a penalty. And Arfield's of course took a big deflection, but the luck swung both ways yesterday (Roofe penalty, Aribo shot hitting Roofe etc).

I still don't understand McInnes's thinking with the man-marking system against Rangers. Yeah it might be the way you play every week, but it's really high-risk vs us. We're capable of completely dismantling that system, like we did yesterday. It was one thing doing it last year, but this year we've bought players who rely pretty exclusively on running off-the-ball to make chances, plus we're pulling Morelos a lot deeper. I thought Aberdeen could have given themselves a much better chance going zonal and then man-marking maybe one or two players.

You might be right tactically but the lack of personnel, aggression or belief were much bigger factors IMO.

The major problem was that Logan, Ojo, Leigh, Kennedy, Edmondson and Cosgrove have hardly played any football in months.

The only player we had that looked sharp was Hedges - and the previously resilient defence were a bit of a mess, as they were afforded nothing like the protection they normally get either from central or wide areas.  

Some of the pant-pissing from dandies on mainstream social media over this is brutal - I really do not know what anyone expected here given Sevco's form, confidence and the fact they were at full strength with a decent side (due to the latest Govan magic money tree).

5 hours ago, G51 said:

It’s a minor point, but even if Aribo’s shot hadn’t hit Roofe and gone in the net, it would (should) have been disallowed for offside as Roofe was standing right in front of Lewis.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s a minor point, but even if Aribo’s shot hadn’t hit Roofe and gone in the net, it would (should) have been disallowed for offside as Roofe was standing right in front of Lewis.

Sure, but the point was that the margin wasn't necessarily a fluke or lucky, and that McInnes pretty much set Aberdeen up to fail yesterday.

26 minutes ago, G51 said:

Sure, but the point was that the margin wasn't necessarily a fluke or lucky, and that McInnes pretty much set Aberdeen up to fail yesterday.

Not lucky overall maybe, but undoubtedly two lucky goals, if not three with Roofe's slightly deflected goal as well

52 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

The major problem was that Logan, Ojo, Leigh, Kennedy, Edmondson and Cosgrove have hardly played any football in months.

The only player we had that looked sharp was Hedges - and the previously resilient defence were a bit of a mess, as they were afforded nothing like the protection they normally get either from central or wide areas.  

Some of the pant-pissing from dandies on mainstream social media over this is brutal - I really do not know what anyone expected here given Sevco's form, confidence and the fact they were at full strength with a decent side (due to the latest Govan magic money tree).

very much this 

another point to add is that we were missing 8/9 players, four of which would definitely have started.