Rangers vs Aberdeen - 22nd November

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not lucky overall maybe, but undoubtedly two lucky goals, if not three with Roofe's slightly deflected goal as well

I think the xG was about 1.96 - 0.36, so 2-0 would have been a pretty fair scoreline. Feels about right to me on reflection.

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 hours ago, G51 said:

They weren't goal of the season contenders (though of course Kent's will win the SPFL's goal of the month to much outrage), but I think Roofe and Arfield were just exploiting vulnerabilities in Aberdeen's system. I know folk are saying Leigh could have made a challenge - and he could, but by doing so he could easily give away a penalty. And Arfield's of course took a big deflection, but the luck swung both ways yesterday (Roofe penalty, Aribo shot hitting Roofe etc).

I still don't understand McInnes's thinking with the man-marking system against Rangers. Yeah it might be the way you play every week, but it's really high-risk vs us. We're capable of completely dismantling that system, like we did yesterday. It was one thing doing it last year, but this year we've bought players who rely pretty exclusively on running off-the-ball to make chances, plus we're pulling Morelos a lot deeper. I thought Aberdeen could have given themselves a much better chance going zonal and then man-marking maybe one or two players.

Fuxsake. 

We had at least half a team....including almost all our most important players....missing.  Compound that with the fact that most of the replacements are fucking useless and anyway we're using them in temporary square peg/round hole positions, and you should be congratulating Aberdeen on only losing to a few scrappy deflections and a stupid penalty. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Fuxsake. 

We had at least half a team....including almost all our most important players....missing.  Compound that with the fact that most of the replacements are fucking useless and anyway we're using them in temporary square peg/round hole positions, and you should be congratulating Aberdeen on only losing to a few scrappy deflections and a stupid penalty. 

^^^Bob with the comfort blanket out.