Israel v Scotland - 18 / 11 / 2020

29 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

Clarke is totally inept.  He has some very good players available, a luxury other managers would have killed for over the past few years., yet he serves up this garbage.  

Given you recently claimed Craig Halkett should be starting ahead of McTominay in the Scotland side, I’ll take your points with a pinch of salt. 

2 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Anyone wanting the manager sacked is just a ridiculous person.

But Clarke needs to improve. He very nearly fucked it on Friday by taking off all the front 3. Who were doing a great job of keeping us high up the pitch.

Tonight the changes were too late and in the end ineffective.

He's to tied to the 5 at the back, we've had some good results with it. Bit hes got to be more flexible. I get the feeling its like the craig brown era. Where we would play 5 at the back at home against san Marino.

That all being said, overall he's doing a good job. The last 2 performances haven't been ideal. But they've not been terrible either.

Think if Griffiths and Gallagher take some straightforward chances we're delighted with Clarke's work. He's picking the right players and playing them in a fairly effective system but you still need the players to be able to put the ball in the net. When we were struggling up front he bought on more attackers. Not sure what else he could really do tonight.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm an unashamed Scotland Fanboy but that was fucking brutal.

We have been much more brutal than this many times before. Have you forgotten about the Levein days or the second incarnation of McLeish? 

Edited by Jambomo

Performance adequate but the lack of goals is a concern. We created a number of chances but not too many I would deem clear cut, perhaps to be expected when the two behind the striker both lack a little creativity. 

Undoubtedly need more from Robertson too. Reminded me of Greg Taylor at Celtic tonight with how passive he was in attack. Not ideal for the formation when your wing backs can't beat a man. 

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Given you recently claimed Craig Halkett should be starting ahead of McTominay in the Scotland side, I’ll take your points with a pinch of salt. 

Agreed. Get a better centre half ( or just someone who naturally plays in defence) instead of Mctominay.  Nearly cost Serbia and well tonight he got done.

Not that it looked like we were ever going to win this evening but he is not a defender.

Robertson i dunno what it is but I'd rather we have tierney out there however I know that will not happen like wise with McTominay ever being dropped.

Meh we still beat Serbia 🙂

Guest bernardblack
It's obvious that thus far he's been a lucky manager rather than a good manager for Scotland. If he'd lost either penalty shoot out he'd be under serious pressure right now. 
He's not the answer. 

We qualified for the euros less than a week ago.

You must be on the wind up.

Just now, GiGi said:

Think if Griffiths and Gallagher take some straightforward chances we're delighted with Clarke's work. He's picking the right players and playing them in a fairly effective system but you still need the players to be able to put the ball in the net. When we were struggling up front he bought on more attackers. Not sure what else he could really do tonight.

I thought he could have changed the shape and given us a bit more width for the second half.

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's obvious that thus far he's been a lucky manager rather than a good manager for Scotland. If he'd lost either penalty shoot out he'd be under serious pressure right now. 

He's not the answer. 

What a fucking Grade A belter.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

We have been much more brutal than this many times before. Have you forgotten about the Levein days or the second incarnation of McLeish? 

Silly.  That we were dreadful tonight is a matter of truth - irrespective of how bad we've been before.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.  That we were dreadful tonight is a matter of truth - irrespective of how bad we've been before.

We weren’t dreadful though. We didn’t take our chances and we weren’t creative enough but there is a real difference in our play in defence, going forwards - there is a space between being brilliant and brutal - we weren’t great but we weren’t awful either.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

What a fucking Grade A belter.

If we'd lost either one of those penalty shoot outs and blown the Nations League group like we have he'd be getting slaughtered. It's a fact. 

As it happens, luck was on our side for the penalties and he now has credit in the bank. Is it deserved though? I'm not so sure. 

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe if Forrest and Frazer were available.

Would have helped yes, but we could still have pulled players wide. Their not robots.

Christie wide right, Robertson wide left with Tierney behind him.

We had to try and change the pattern of the game more.