Ayr United v Dundee

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Did the cameras pick up any of McPake's encouraging words to his players or the wee war of words he had with Mick McCardle? 

Who is Mick McCardle and what happened?

To be fair to McPake, my respect for him would only increase if he spent the 90 telling our squad how shite they are and that they're getting him the sack. That'd have been quality entertainment.

McPake is a lovely guy and I'd happily have him back in his youth role where he's evidently done a really good job. Just so happens to be a truly fucking dreadful manager.

20 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I meant more involved at Dens and for a club close to his heart. As an extension to your reply, does a Scottish Championship team need a Technical Director / Director of Football anyway? 

This Scottish Championship side needs a competent manager first and foremost! 

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Who is Mick McCardle and what happened?

To be fair to McPake, my respect for him would only increase if he spent the 90 telling our squad how shite they are and that they're getting him the sack. That'd have been quality entertainment.

McPake is a lovely guy and I'd happily have him back in his youth role where he's evidently done a really good job. Just so happens to be a truly fucking dreadful manager.

Mick McCardle is our assistant.  

Aye McPake spent the whole first half telling them they were shite and to "get yer finger oot" and other things along those lines. 

He lost the plot at McCardle for shouting something to McGowan after he did a nasty one on Reading.  Must have shouted YOU JUST FUCKING FOCUS ON YOUR OWN FUCKING PLAYERS 15 times like he was malfunctioning with rage. 

Edited by itzdrk

Aye McPake spent the whole first half telling them they were shite and to "get yer finger oot" and other things along those lines. 
He lost the plot at McCardle for shouting something to McGowan after he did a nasty one on Reading.  Must have shouted YOU JUST FUCKING FOCUS ON YOUR OWN FUCKING PLAYERS 15 times like he was malfunctioning with rage. 

He’s an idiot.

23 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Completely done as a manager but respect for that.

15 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Anyone else think McGowan was a bit naughty in his "challenge" on Reading near the corner flag in the 2nd half? 

A situation McGowan didn't need to get involved in given his team were 2 nil down. 

Was that where it ended up being a Dundee free kick? With Reading on the ground and McGowan standing? I never quite understood how the ref reached that conclusion.

I'm not sure McGowan actually did anything tbh. I could have missed it though.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Was that where it ended up being a Dundee free kick? With Reading on the ground and McGowan standing? I never quite understood how the ref reached that conclusion.

I'm not sure McGowan actually did anything tbh. I could have missed it though.

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about.

McGowan's foot/studs have made contact with Reading's chest while he was on the ground. It definitely didn't look pretty or clever from the view I had of it on my phone, I would be interested in seeing the highlights again for a better view. 

As you've said I don't quite know how Reading ends up getting a booking as a result of the incident. 

Was it just me that thought we got pretty lucky today?

Looked very impressive in the early stages, with loads of energy and some lovely attacking moves.

But from the point we went 2 up we were really under pressure. A couple of phenomenol saves from the keeper, a couple of shocking misses, and a few scrambles that could've went anywhere.

We didn't look particularly comfortable until the end of the game, when dundee seemed to run out of steam.

A great 3 points, but I'm not entirely convinced.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Anyone else think McGowan was a bit naughty in his "challenge" on Reading near the corner flag in the 2nd half? 

A situation McGowan didn't need to get involved in given his team were 2 nil down. 

Aye he was, that's what caused all the arguing. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Was it just me that thought we got pretty lucky today? ...
But from the point we went 2 up we were really under pressure...

I think that's a glass half-empty take. We scored with our first two chances. Dundee had a couple of great chances (saved) and we had a close thing disallowed. It was nerve-wracking at times but I never had the fear of impending disaster. It's encouraging to be able to make a few changes to the team and look no worse for it.

41 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Aye he was, that's what caused all the arguing. 

I didn't see much wrong with McGowan there. He did swing a leg but it wasn't much at all (didn't make the highlights!).

12 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I didn't see much wrong with McGowan there. He did swing a leg but it wasn't much at all (didn't make the highlights!).

You'll have had a better look than me, I was the other side of the other camera without zoom :lol:

Also didn't help that Reading was just lying on the ball, which most refs will call as an indirect free-kick. Thought it was right call.
First 20 minutes, Ayr played well. Lot of good movement and nice to see us finally commit defenders to tackles by running at them rather than trying to pass it through or around them. Rest of 1st half was fairly even but 2nd half Ayr just retreated back to their own penalty area. Not sure how much of that was down to the wind but not for the first time this season there was no out ball to get them 30 yards upfield.
3 points are always welcome though. Improved performance from last few games and hopefully they can push on now.

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

McGowans a bit 'mad' there's nothing anyone can do about it, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

We didn't look particularly comfortable until the end of the game, when dundee seemed to run out of steam.

You're coming across as glass half empty, mate.

2-0 vs Dundee is a great outcome in anyone's book and 40 posts in the "Dee's next manager" thread since the final whistle confirms it.