Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Would have taken a draw before the game, happy enough with one now. 

We'll be unhappy that, like the ICT game at Starks we had a two minute collapse. I feel like its mostly a mental thing. Over committing to challenges where players are clearly second best, and letting the Pars play through us.

Dunfermline will he unhappy at the nature of the two goals they conceded. How in hell was Duku totally unmarked at the first?

f**k it, we played reasonably well, limited one of the better sides in the league quite well and posed a number of questions of our own. Maybe the ICT game was more a blip than a trend.

Just now, CallumPar said:

Would imagine Pars fans are happier than Raith are with that point, given how the game went. Two good goals from our point of view. Conceded poor goals from set pieces, but I thought Raith looked a decent team and were worth their lead at 2-0.

Excellent stream, worth the £14 as it’s definitely better than the £12 streams I’ve watched so far.

Especially as going by the screen shots I saw you can buy drugs and I thought the Rovers fans were complaining about a lack of choice in their club shop

Dissapointed not to have won that, there is not much at all between those sides. 

We didn’t bother to turn up for the majority of the game and still walked away with a draw after being 2-0 down. Thanks for playing, lads.

Always going to be disappointing not to win after being 2-0 up but I'd have taken a point before the game, without a doubt. 

I think the Pars have gotten away with that, on reflection. They never seemed to settle into a proper flow and only threatened sporadically. The Rovers were the opposite, they seemed composed and in control for large parts but totally lost that for a couple of five minute spells. It's unfortunate (and the risk you take, ultimately) that one of those spells saw two goals. 

After the last performance at ICT where we were toothless and firmly second best, the team should take real confidence from that. Absolutely nothing to fear going down to Ayr on Friday night. 

I’ll take a point after being 2 down, and tbh before the game I’d have taken a point. We’re still unbeaten and in second by 3 points.

We looked a lot more dangerous when Fraser Murray came on and we changed the shape a bit. Some decision making let us down and our defending from crosses and set pieces can be awful, but apart from that we didn’t really play poorly. We probably edged it but Rovers played some tidy football and they always looked dangerous from set pieces.

Still undefeated and played brutal for 70 minutes, if you're looking for a silver lining to that performance that'll have to be it. Can't grumble at a point out of that. Hopefully get a rocket up them n come back swinging next week. 

Can everyone keep quiet about Comrie I want us to hold onto him. 

Edited by Stoo61

Slightly better team overall was the Rover for most of the game, but better shooting and passing for a period in the second half was clearly the Pars. We should have had at least another, and you should have had a free kick just outside the box near the end. Pretty fair result from two teams playing each other hard and being pretty evenly matched. Video was excellent, no buffering or errors. Gutted we gave it away though!

Really weird derby game. Obviously, you'd expect the ground to have been bouncing at 2-0 and 2-2 respectively. But what struck me was that after we'd chucked our two goal lead, Dunfermline looked like they went "Aye, that'll do for today" and didn't really show anything else.

It was probably the most even Fife derby I've seen: over the years I've seen Dunfermline utterly throttle us with the likes of Gibson, Cardle and Bell. We've had our fair share of wins where we've played well and the Pars haven't showed up. Both today both teams were quite comfortable passing the ball about. We were unlucky not to score more given we hit the woodwork twice but the Pars were unlucky with the chances which came up. 

Both Pars goals were very good efforts. 

Was impressed by that comrie as well.

Incoming RandomGuy to tell you how shite Comrie was for St Johnstone a few years ago and that he can’t possibly have improved since then.

Didn't think it should have been a foul on O'Hara at the end but if he had any kind of decent touch then he would have likely have either scored, won a penalty or forced the keeper to make a save. That would have been a bit of daylight robbery mind you. We played well for 15 minutes in the first half, 15 minutes in the second half, found ourselves 2 down then scored 2 in 3 minutes, so to get a draw is a good return. Hopefully our players realise that they are capable of playing well only if they win their individual battles first, and take heart from another comeback from 2 down. Onwards and upwards.

Also, good steam by Rovers other than missing the second goal live. Liked the replays for the most part, good to have a second angle (don't think we do which is unusual as we have several cameras set up for our highlights) and the commentators were decent other than thr annoying habit of using first names and nicknames for some of the home players (I still don't know who "Lars" is, although I did gather he is German and on loan from Livingston").

We've absolutely stolen a point there, delighted with it. Two great goals from us but the two conceded were nothing short of laughable. Nobody picking up their absolute unit Duku? Really? f**k sake. Both goals showing Williams up for the flappy shitehawk that he is. Charlotte Church's gorgeous diddies should be ahead of him in goals for Wales. 

Rovers much the better team, really impressed with them actually. Some great football, just lacking a bit of critical movement in the final third. Every single Rovers team I can remember has been a bunch of absolute hammer throwers and duffs. This one actually looks like a good team and it's plain to see why they've already scored around 80 goals this season. 

For us, Dow had a big second half in the middle. Really showed a great work rate and how good a player he is. Comrie also showing he's fucking  tremendous at full back. Not impressed with anyone else though, maybe Edwards as he had a tough shift and did well. Turner wasn't given time to do his thing, McManus just letting attack after attack fizzle out often enough. 

Fair result although having gone 2-0 up it teels like a bit of a capitulation. We were the better team the first half, the Pars dominated the second. Absolute stick on that McManus would score. Ah well, still third in the league and 9 points clear of relegation. Bring on the Ayr.