Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

Most things are clicking for Raith and they could be a couple up. I did say if that was the case we’d have to be switched on and of course we gifted them a goal. Sitter aside, we haven’t done much in terms of clear chances. I’d take Wilson off; he is causing too much bother. Get him off and get O’Hara on. Having the extra midfielder is doing nothing for us here.

22 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I fucking love Manny Duku.

I named him "Count Duku" on my football manager save as i kept thinking of the Sith Lord from the star wars prequels. 

Edited by SJP79

Been the better side and looked relatively comfortable, but saw enough from Dunfermline before the goal to suggest this could be a very different half.  Sitter of a chance from Dow. 

We're holding our own and playing a bit of football, which is more than I feared so far anyway. 

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Most things are clicking for Raith and they could be a couple up. I did say if that was the case we’d have to be switched on and of course we gifted them a goal. Sitter aside, we haven’t done much in terms of clear chances. I’d take Wilson off; he is causing too much bother. Get him off and get O’Hara on. Having the extra midfielder is doing nothing for us here.

I don't know that that's necessarily true. While it might not be giving you much extra in possession, you've fairly effectively shut down the Rovers midfield. We've had to rely on the full backs to properly support the attack. 

At this stage, though, I'd agree that a striker on for a midfielder is probably your best bet. It risks the Rovers having more presence in the middle, but McManus has barely touched the ball and another striker would at least occupy Frankie and Bene a little more. 

Think I’d bring on Fraser Murray for Wilson or McInroy. Go a sort of 4-2-3-1, with Dow through the middle behind McManus (who must be close to getting brought off for O’Hara).

Raith are as well organised as we should have expected from a McGlynn side. We don’t seem to have a plan to break them down and are struggling to create anything - other than the Dow chance. Hendry having a good game and we seem to be happy to give him the freedom of the park.

Probably about as bad as we've played and we're lucky to be only one down, yet we've had a couple of chances and they got very lucky with the clearance that hit Dow too. Despite nominally having an extra man in the middle, Riaty have been winning the midfield battle so we need to look at a change quite early if we don't equalise I think, or we could find ourselves two down and with a mountain to climb. Thomas hasn't had too much joy yet but was similarly ineffective against Hearts before bagging a goal and an assist so it isn't panic stations yet, but we need a big improvement in the second half.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

, we haven’t done much in terms of clear chances. 

What clear chances have Raith had? Outwith the Duku chance every shot from Raith has been from range, they've been good shots from range but they're not clear. 

We had been the better team in the first half hour upto the game, with Raith posing absolutely nothing from open play outwith long punts upto Duku, they scored from a well worked routine and then were on top in the next 10 minutes, however I don't think they've had clearer chances from open play than say Dows or McManus, they have had a couple of good long range shots though.

Rovers deserve to be winning because they've taken there chance, whereas Dow missed his.

So glad we've saved one of our worst halves all season for this game.

We've been poor on the ball and haven't got it wide enough.

Raith have controlled extended periods and are deservedly ahead.

We need to step the f**k up second half.

13 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

The stream always buffers on my Virgin Media connection but works perfectly when I use my EE mobile connection.  Feck knows why given that my Virgin Media is wired and 200mb.

Probably device related. Is the Virgin Media connection that’s buffering a wired feed to a TV or WiFi? If the EE is on a tablet or phone, it has a better chipset than the TV, probably.