Brannigan Crisps RIP

Ludo*1

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Tayto crisps are definitely very good, but Hunky Dorys are above them, in particular the Buffalo flavour. Brilliant.

Never heard of Hunky Dorys but I think I would have an issue eating them with such a ridiculous name. 

‘You wanting a packet of crisps through?’ 
‘Aye gives a packet of they Hunky Dorys’ 

Nah. 

Just now, IrishBhoy said:

Never heard of Hunky Dorys but I think I would have an issue eating them with such a ridiculous name. 

‘You wanting a packet of crisps through?’ 
‘Aye gives a packet of they Hunky Dorys’ 

Nah. 

They're made by Tayto as well, and they're a very close second to Brannigans IMO. Ireland has a far better selection of crisps than the UK does.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

They aren’t as popular here as they are in Ireland, but Tayto crisps have started to show their face more and more over here and they are an excellent crisp. A real delight. 

I notice its just the NI Tayto we get here, though i think the ROI ones are just Cheese and Onion.

Just now, Ekhibee88 said:

I notice its just the NI Tayto we get here, though i think the ROI ones are just Cheese and Onion.

Didn’t even know there was a difference. First time I ever had them was from a vending machine at the ferry terminal at Cairnryan, a good few years ago now. I assume they done that so the punters from Belfast still had some home comforts when they got off the ferry in Scotland, the same way British people like to see a Sunday roast on the menu of restaurants when they go to Benidorm. 

The Spar at the bottom of my street have been getting them in for a few months now. 4 or 5 different flavours. I notice they call Worcestershire Sauce flavour, ‘Wuster’, which is a slight issue. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Didn’t even know there was a difference. First time I ever had them was from a vending machine at the ferry terminal at Cairnryan, a good few years ago now. I assume they done that so the punters from Belfast still had some home comforts when they got off the ferry in Scotland, the same way British people like to see a Sunday roast on the menu of restaurants when they go to Benidorm. 

The Spar at the bottom of my street have been getting them in for a few months now. 4 or 5 different flavours. I notice they call Worcestershire Sauce flavour, ‘Wuster’, which is a slight issue. 

I think Nordie Tayto does a sweet chilli flavour crisp? Same as yourself, first time I ever had them was at the vending machine in the Cairnryan ferry terminal.

But the Free Stayto is the best.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1192515461889613826?s=20

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Come on to f**k mate. Majority of the posters on here will be bringing in an average wage above 30k per annum, I think we can afford the extra 40 pence to buy McCoys. 

A penny saved is a penny gained.

Came across these last night for the truly fat tuckers amongst us. They're not quite Brannigan's RB&M but the concentrated pure mustard powder at the bottom of the packet would peel your fucking face off like you'd just suffered an acid attack 

Screenshot_20201128-145105_Chrome.jpg