I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

6 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I just watched The World Is Not Enough on ITV4. I was mildly amused to see Patrick Malahide, AKA Sgt Chisholm from Minder, playing a wealthy Swiss banker.

He is also in Sahara, alongside Matthew McConaughy.

Definitely the unsung hero of Minder. Certainly went on to bigger things than Dennis Waterman, George Cole or that Gary Webster twerp.

@Arthur daley

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I always said that “cheerful Charlie” would go onto  bigger and better things when he left the police force ,when that film came out we watched a pirate copy of it in the Winchester ,even Jones was there, Dave had put on a nice spread Aswell 

he definitely was the best of the “filth” ,come the ray years they were having the “filth “ come to a pub quiz with us ,that’s when I knew it was time to stop doing the documentary and get that boy ray sacked ,and don’t  get me started on my stuttering brother and his wife !

Been on a Columbo binge, so here goes..

William Shatner was a baddie in Columbo. That's not big news - he was a baddie twice. But in the first episode where Shatner was the baddie, Walter Koenig (Chekov from Star trek) was one of the detectives.

img_4298.jpg?resize=520,368&ssl=1

Also recently watched episodes with Martin Sheen getting bumped off with a microscope

MV5BMzYyOTRhYmUtZjk0Zi00Y2FhLWI3NWItNTVm

and Leslie Nielsen

MV5BMTY2NjIzODc3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTk3

I reckon Columbo could take on Miami Vice in this game.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watching an episode of Frasier, and who shows up for a single line in a focus group but Lin Shaye, better known as the spiritualist from the Insidious films, joined by Tony Shalhoub of Monk and Galaxy Quest, who gets a bigger role as what seems to be an Indian immigrant stereotype.

Also just remembered watching Calendar Girls in the cinema, and there's a montage of Californian scenery about halfway through, during which there's a flash of a guy who reminded me of Scott Ian, the Anthrax guitarist. Five minutes later, the whole fucking band walk into a scene and get introduced to Helen Mirren, seemingly for no reason whatsoever  :blink:

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Also just remembered watching Calendar Girls in the cinema, and there's a montage of Californian scenery about halfway through, during which there's a flash of a guy who reminded me of Scott Ian, the Anthrax guitarist. Five minutes later, the whole fucking band walk into a scene and get introduced to Helen Mirren, seemingly for no reason whatsoever  :blink:

For extra weirdness this only seems to exist on youtube with the Spanish dub