I didn't know they were in that!

tongue_tied_danny

Is The X-Files one of those programmes that had cameos from other shows' characters?

I think it was St Elsewhere that people realised was technically part of every other show ever made, because it had characters from other shows, and those other shows had characters from other shows, and so on. That seems to be really common with American TV; I remember Friends having a (thankfully) brief cameo from Robin Williams and Billy Crystal as characters from some film that they were promoting at the time. Richard Belzer appeared as Detective John Munch in ten different shows across five TV networks, apparently including (as I've just found out)...The X-Files.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

@Miguel Sanchez losing his touch?

He's probably pointed it out, but I'll be buggered if I'm going back through the entire X-Files case to find out!

On 09/05/2024 at 10:34, BFTD said:

Is The X-Files one of those programmes that had cameos from other shows' characters?

I think it was St Elsewhere that people realised was technically part of every other show ever made, because it had characters from other shows, and those other shows had characters from other shows, and so on. That seems to be really common with American TV; I remember Friends having a (thankfully) brief cameo from Robin Williams and Billy Crystal as characters from some film that they were promoting at the time. Richard Belzer appeared as Detective John Munch in ten different shows across five TV networks, apparently including (as I've just found out)...The X-Files.

Not sure if it’s much of a thing anymore but American sitcoms seemed to be particularly bad for cameos of characters from other shows.

There’s 2-3 instances of the Friends characters popping up in different sitcoms at the time. Definitely not trying to boost the ratings of new/bad shows…

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Could be wrong, but I vaguely recall a Home and Away character popping up in Neighbours.

I could be talking shite.

I don't know about that but the Pet Shop Boys popped up in Neighbours to ask Annalise (down boy!) directions to the recording studio. 

15 hours ago, coprolite said:

I don't know about that but the Pet Shop Boys popped up in Neighbours to ask Annalise (down boy!) directions to the recording studio. 

Rules, coprolite...

Chernobyl's just a non-stop parade of recognisable faces for people from the UK, but I've had it playing in the background today and I'd either forgotten (or didn't know at the time) that it featured Jessie Buckley and Barry Keoghan. Some casting on that show.

• 2 weeks later...