Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Steve Clarke is surely far too sensible to take a job at one of the Old Firm.

It would essentially rule out any opportunity for him to have a peaceful life up here once he retires, regardless of whether he was a success or not.

There is also his previous comments on sectarianism, etc, to take into account. I'll be shocked if it ends up being him.

What makes you think he wants to retire up here?

When he has spent most of his working life around England?

Only came back up here to look after his elderly parents and in laws

Money he has he can find someone in the sun and tempertures in England are a lot better than up here in the summer

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

nearly blew a title to Aberdeen Football Club.

We won the league by 15 points or more in both of those seasons. Granted its closer than we should be to Aberdeen who by all accounts were brilliant until around the March but we never came close to blowing it. In that second season after we lost to them at Pittodrie late in late Jan/early feb we went pretty much undefeated until the 2nd last game i think by which time it was well over. 

And Aberdeen were closer to us in Rodgers second season in charge of Celtic than they ever were in Deilas seasons in charge. 

Edited by Jinky67

Clarke would be good on 2 fronts.

Firstly I think he could get us competing again. Secondly he gets the **** backs and have them foaming at the mouth (even more so) up because he told them to do one after suffering terrible sectarian abuse from them.

So Clarke for me.

25 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I think this thread should be named 

Who will be the next Scottland manager instead 

Its obvious Clarke will take it after the Euroes

Can you change your name to Tartan Tampon 1297 while you're at it?

Absorbing the fun out of this forum one comment at a time.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Firstly I think he could get us competing again. Secondly he gets the **** backs and have them foaming at the mouth (even more so) up because he told them to do one after suffering terrible sectarian abuse from them.

So Clarke for me.

At a joint press conference with one of his players who suffered terrible sectarian abuse from your support.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

So Clarke for me.

Clarke does make sense but doesn't inspire me at all, i wouldn't be unhappy but wont get me excited either.

One from left field who i would love to see would be De Zerbi from Sassuolo. He's meticulous with his planning, plays a type of football we would want to see and would suit us and has a good track record developing players. Its only a matter of time before one of the Italian big guns grab him

However i do find it more likely we pick up someone currently without a club

Clarke would be the best shout for the job – though he'd need to walk back on his recent comments about loyalty.

He wouldn't be the first manager to do an about-turn like that.  I remember Paul Sturrock as St Johnstone manager saying there was no way in the world he'd ever go back to Dundee United to manage them – and how could anyone insult him by suggesting that he would? Two weeks later he was waving a tangerine-and-black scarf about at Tannadice.

Edited by Mr Heliums

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Secondly he gets the **** backs and have them foaming at the mouth (even more so) up because he told them to do one after suffering terrible sectarian abuse from them.

You know that thing I've said a couple of times about people who are sincere about tackling sectarianism don't use it for point scoring and don't use sectarian terms?

Aye.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

You know that thing I've said a couple of times about people who are sincere about tackling sectarianism don't use it for point scoring and don't use sectarian terms?

Aye.

I don't use sectarian terms either and agree with what you say.

I can also see why **** wouldn't want the abuse Clarke got brought up again.

Edited by Romeo

Just now, Romeo said:

I don't use sectarian terms either and agree with what you say.

I can also see why **** wouldn't want the abuse Clarke go brought up again.

Two wrongs don't make a right, welcome back mate.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Clarke would be chased out if Glasgow due to the standard of play he employs. 

Chased out is a bit harsh, i dont doubt he would get us organised however it certainly would be a brand of football that wouldn't excite anyone. 

For me it has to be someone with a clear idea of how they want to play football. That are some cracking coaches out there who play really exciting football that we could go after and break away from our usual mo of either scottish/irish ex player or someone Celtic minded.

Naglesmann and Rose are the standouts and beyond us for sure, Howe and Marco Silva could both also do a good job i reckon. De Zerbi i really like. Of those realistically Eddie Howe would be the more likely. 

Edited by Jinky67