Strange/Funny Fitba Team names.

11 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

In the Botswana Premier League they have surely one of the fiercest derbies about between the police XI and the prisons X1.

Bet that gets a bit heated.

Meanwhile, in Mexico...

Mexico.png

17 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

German football is littered with some amazing names, particularly in the old DDR.

However I like this one:

1. FC Willy Wacker Hechtsheim 1973

Not sure if it's related, but Andy Capp is called Willi Wakker in Germany.

On 08/12/2020 at 16:16, Arch Stanton said:

Football isn't the most popular sport in Finland, and especially in the lower leagues you get the feeling they are not taking things seriously.  Apart from Santa Claus there's Honka in the top division, FC Jazz in the third (I wonder if they produce a monthly magazine) and Sexypöxyt – it means "Sexy Pants" – in the fourth.

There's Keltik, Rangers, Tikka, Blue Eyes Team, FC Tarzan, Sporting Kristina who sounds nice, and Sepsi-78 which sounds like an infection.  If you want to be offended there's JIPPO, JäPS, Black Islanders and Åbo Club de Fútbol (the 5.4% of Turku's population who speak Swedish call the town Åbo.  Why a Finnish club's name is a mixture of Swedish and Spanish I don't know).

Finnish club names are often contracted to 3-5 letters.  Lohtajan Veikot is "LoVe" in the League tables.  Helsinki basement team RalliPerseet – according to Google Translate, "Rally Arses" – is shortened to "RaPe", which the 70% of Finns who speak English might not find all that funny.

On 05/12/2020 at 12:54, Slenderman said:

Dangerous Darkies.

Came across it playing Sensible World of Soccer.

They merged with another team to become the Mpumalanga Black Aces.

Africa and South America have some belters.

On 08/12/2020 at 16:16, Arch Stanton said:

TBF that's pretty much what an Inverness team did to sell an amazing amount of shirts. Started of as the Gellions pub team, then applied to join the 6th tier North Caledonian League as Loch Ness FC and their website is basically a Nessie shirt promotion site.

https://www.lochnessfc.co.uk/

I knew a Romanian girl who was angry about her local airport being renamed to Transylvania, I bet there might be a local team called Dracula or something.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

TBF that's pretty much what an Inverness team did to sell an amazing amount of shirts. Started of as the Gellions pub team, then applied to join the 6th tier North Caledonian League as Loch Ness FC and their website is basically a Nessie shirt promotion site.

https://www.lochnessfc.co.uk/

I knew a Romanian girl who was angry about her local airport being renamed to Transylvania, I bet there might be a local team called Dracula or something.

I bought one of them in the summer. Black effort. 

DGzcnmzXsAA3O4E.jpg

DG5kHPtXYAUFamJ.jpg

Falkland Islands Football League

• C&R Construction FC
  • Falkland Rangers
  • Malvina House Hotel FC
  • Jim Balfour's Barmy Army
  • Falkland Island Holidays FC
  • Fire FC
  • Clos de Pirque
  • House Bashers
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Skrtels
  • Great Island Falcons
  • Port Stanley
  • The Deli

Edited by Hedgecutter

I like NAC Breda's full name

NAC Breda was founded on 20 September 1912 when the two clubs ADVENDO (Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning (English: Pleasant for its entertainment and useful for its relaxation)) and NOAD (Nooit Opgeven, Altijd Doorzetten(English: never give up, always persevere)) merged to one club.