43 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Accepting our paths haven’t crossed with great regularity but apparently we haven’t beaten Hearts since 1963! Nailed on QOS win emoji23.pngemoji102.png

I remember some time back playing Hearts in the league or Scottish Cup. Steven Leslie scoring an equaliser just before half time and a great roar from the crowd for the goal!

image.jpeg.547d7dd8ed78ca496545d55d760087f2.jpeg

Edited to add the match report from that night - http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/180899.htm

Edited by palmy_cammy

Great, another irritating QoS troll. How long will this one last?

£18.50 is an absolute joke for the PPV. At £10 I'm struggling to watch us just now so I won't be paying that tomorrow I'm afraid.

Hopefully we can keep the scoreline respectable and the young players can come up with some ideas this week to save Johnston having to do all the work a manager is supposed to do...

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Anyway, Ginnelly has apparently trained all week and is in contention for tomorrow...which is nice.

Aw naw ........ seriously ....... gonnae no dae that ..... 

Hertz really don't want to be taking any risks with rushing that uber quick, uber tricky Ginnelly laddie back from injury against our uber sharp, ultra mobile, highly coached defence ......... nurse, nurse ....... where's my meds!  😏

Aw naw ........ seriously ....... gonnae no dae that ..... 
Hertz really don't want to be taking any risks with rushing that uber quick, uber tricky Ginnelly laddie back from injury against our uber sharp, ultra mobile, highly coached defence ......... nurse, nurse ....... where's my meds!  [emoji57]

With our luck he’ll injure himself in the warm up and miss the morns game and the final.

4 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Thanks for that. emoji106.png Good memories despite the defeat.

First time I saw the Hertz at Palmy was a Scottish Cup tie in the mid-70s.  Wasn't all ticket but the word around school the week before was that a big Jambo following was coming down so decided to get in early at 2 pm.  Squeezed into the Terregles St end and the place was jam packed - the covered Portland Rd end was just a sea of maroon and white and bouncing - never forgot the sight.  Was the first time I'd seen a "big" crowd - 14,000 (10,000 Jambos I reckon) had packed into Palmy that day - naturally we lost 2-0.  Sure Jim Jeffries was playing full back for Hertz and was it Willie Gibson or Donald Ford up front?

Same team as last week, most likely - it'll be a much harder game for us than some QOS fans are saying. 

Gordon

Smith - Halkett - Berra - Kingsley

Lee - Irving - Halliday

Walker - Naismith

Wighton

(or whatever the f**k the shape/formation was/is)

Subs: Stewart,  Popescu, Haring, Ginelly, Boyce, Brandon, Henderson ?

Edited by paranoid android

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

What's the issue with Queens at the moment, then?

It appears that we've got a budget for this season that has been strategically set to get us safely (financial safety that is) through this pandemic hit season - hence many of the players are League 1 or League 2 level - problem is we're in the league above.  Apart from that we're fine.

We'll see, m8 - a scrappy win for us would do me.
What's the issue with Queens at the moment, then?
I fear the Dobbie!
We have a manager completely out of their depth who's Plan A rarely works and when that fails his Plan B is to revert to Plan A.

Watch out for the substitution post 80 minute mark today from him when the game is already done.

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Great, another irritating QoS troll. How long will this one last?

£18.50 is an absolute joke for the PPV. At £10 I'm struggling to watch us just now so I won't be paying that tomorrow I'm afraid.

Hopefully we can keep the scoreline respectable and the young players can come up with some ideas this week to save Johnston having to do all the work a manager is supposed to do...

I was looking for some sort of refund after enduring last week's BBC match.  I still feel that I paid too much for it.  

How much have you bet this week in order to soften the inevitable outcome?

If we keep this semi respectable I’ll be quite happy, hoping once Hearts go two up you would expect them to cruise to limit injury concerns. I would take that right now and run. I fear this could push 5/6-0 if we aren’t careful. Stick Goss and Dobbie upfront and at least try and get the ball to stick up top. AJ please don’t have Dobbie upfront on his own chasing lost causes and knackered if a half chance does fall his way.