Dundee United v Sevco 13/12/20

Some good last ditch defending from United kept the score down, that's the kind of game where we'd have previously dropped points.

PnBers were really up for this one as they sensed an upset,  they were left disappointed.

Maybe Killie can cheer them up.

Just now, DMCs said:

2 years ago I thought he'd have been a decent signing haha

Miles behind big Lyndon Dykes as a player.

A very good Scottish Championship player.  Even United fans are slowly beginning to realise he’s out his depth at this level, hence the reason no club came calling for him in the close season. 

Desreved win for the Ibrox side, and I don't think they would have been much less dominating with 10 men, as Morelos looked a liability. They wouldn't have had Itten's running late on I suppose.

Wonder goal from Tavenier, but was he a bit culpable at the cross Robson got in for Smith's fine effort?

Tavenier looked the best attacking option in the first half for the away team, but I was pleased with United's effort and shape. They fell asleep at Goldson's winner, and although some claimed for offside, I don't think it was.

Second half United weren't so balanced, and Harkes looked well out of his depth, lacking in confidence, normally looking for a backwards pass. I've slated Connolly before, but thought he was very good today.

Edit: special mention to McGregor trying to get Edwards booked at the end of the game. What a clown he is.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

A very good Scottish Championship player.  Even United fans are slowly beginning to realise he’s out his depth at this level, hence the reason no club came calling for him in the close season. 
Slavering c**t [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Hes the form player in Scotland, of that there is no doubt. Rangers are the form team. No doubt of that also. None of that changes that this is a full back who has been a defensive laughing stock up to and including your own fans calling for him to be dropped repeatedly, as recently as last season. 

Best player in Scotland isnt really a good shout though, since I imagine even mist Rangers fans would agree with what I already said.... He isnt even the best fullback at Rangers. Barisic is clearly a better footballer than him. 

He is by far and away the best player in Scotland at the moment. You say he is the ‘form’ player... surely that’s how you judge how a player is performing?

In terms of technical ability (which I’m assuming you are meaning), there are definitely others with greater ability than him, but performance wise, Tav is head and shoulders above everyone else right now.

Delighted with that win. First half I felt we weren’t our usual selves and we have away too many chances to Utd despite dominating possession, but the second half was a very one-sided affair.

Tavernier’s free kick was majestic and it’s an aspect of his game people overlook simply because Barisic has been getting the free kick plaudits recently.

The main concern after today was our poor conversion of the chances we created. It’s not really been much of an issue this season so I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Morelos needs a boost and hopefully he can get back scoring regularly.

Edited by AJF

He is by far and away the best player in Scotland at the moment. You say he is the ‘form’ player... surely that’s how you judge how a player is performing?
In terms of technical ability (which I’m assuming you are meaning), there are definitely others with greater ability than him, but performance wise, Tav is head and shoulders above everyone else right now.
There have been times in recent years when James Forrest has been the form player in Scotland. I'd have laughed at anyone who said he was the best player in Scotland on that basis too.