Dundee United v Sevco 13/12/20

17 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

And in absolutely no shock to anyone with eyes and a functioning brain. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/55323209?__twitter_impression=true

Alfredo Morelos faces a two-game ban after being cited for the use of an elbow against Dundee United on Sunday.

Mind when Gunning got suspended for three games for failing to kick Virgil van Dijk.

"I didn't see an elbow," he said. "If you look at him again, there's no elbow there. The referee saw it and dealt with it. It was a foul and a yellow card and it's been dealt with.

Speaking on Rangers TV, the Ibrox manager said it "would be interesting if it was the other way around".

32 minutes ago, bennett said:

I remember my auld mate @ali_91 explaining how unconscious bias was rife in our society and at first I thought that " nah that can't be right" but the more I think about it...

Society has always treated bell-ends differently from the rest of the population. Sad but true, if you're a bell-end.

Edit: this probably explains the ban for Gunning too.

Edited by Pull My Strings

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tavernier has been derided through the years for being shite when he's had rough patches. RIght now he's 'clearly the best player in the league' through this purple patch.

The answer will lie somewhere in between. He's clearly a very good player at this level.

One of the best in Europe actually, according to Elbows Goodwin.

Screenshot_20201215-184356_Twitter.thumb.jpg.d1d4fefb0a79ea360fa955d88c2b70a6.jpg

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Mind when Gunning got suspended for three games for failing to kick Virgil van Dijk.

I prefer the memory of Kovacevic booting Kyle Lafferty. That was worth the suspension, in fact it was worth the admission fee alone.

Also, if it was the other way around, the Utd player would be sent off, suspended for 5 games and marched from Tannadice to Mordor while being beaten with a flute by Chick Young.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Sevco accept a two game ban for Morelos for a red card incident that Gerrard denies.  Deary me.

We'll see how consistent the compliance officer is. 

Edited by bennett

On 16/12/2020 at 18:17, Granny Danger said:

Sevco accept a two game ban for Morelos for a red card incident that Gerrard denies.  Deary me.

Tbf to him he said it wasn't an elbow, Sportscene pundits agreed with him too, saying it was a forearm smash. Incidentally, typed in forearm smash on my microsoft bing search engine  and the top 3 results were Morelos and this assault, and the 4th result on google. 😂

On 16/12/2020 at 22:12, bennett said:

We'll see how consistent the compliance officer is. 

Jason Holt got a retrospective 2 match ban by the CO for his tackle on a St Mirren player a few games back, how does that tie in with your pish consistent patter, or is it only CO bans involving Sevco and Celtic players that counts?

Jason Holt got a retrospective 2 match ban by the CO for his tackle on a St Mirren player a few games back, how does that tie in with your pish consistent patter, or is it only CO bans involving Sevco and Celtic players that counts?
He only got banned because he used to play for Rangers