Dundee United v Sevco 13/12/20

Delighted to get the 3 points. A wonderful Beckham-esque goal from Tav. The whip he got on the strike was sensational. Utd were stuffy and tricky to break down and I feared the worst when they equalised as Rangers weren’t at their free-flowing best after Thursday but a very well taken 2nd goal at a good time to get it put us well on our way.

Morelos was lucky to stay on the pitch as his elbow was a red card IMO. He’s dropped deeper these days but his lack of goals is becoming a bit of a concern. Maybe if Defoe had played today we would have had another goal or two..

On to the next one. Still a long way to go.

9 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Bookmark this date. This is a turning point in the season. Sevco struggling against an under strength side newly promoted side.

Rangers dominated the majority of the match. Poor finishing kept it from a 3/4-1 job.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, AJF said:
He is by far and away the best player in Scotland at the moment. You say he is the ‘form’ player... surely that’s how you judge how a player is performing?
In terms of technical ability (which I’m assuming you are meaning), there are definitely others with greater ability than him, but performance wise, Tav is head and shoulders above everyone else right now.

There have been times in recent years when James Forrest has been the form player in Scotland. I'd have laughed at anyone who said he was the best player in Scotland on that basis too.

So what are you trying to say here, is it pedantry where you’d rather we said “Tavernier is the best performing player in Scotland right now” as opposed to “Tavernier is the best player in Scotland right now”?

I’m old and been watching and talking about Scottish football for almost my whole life. I have never ever called Dundee United “Dundee” and never will. In the space of about 20 minutes you had Gerrard and the English anchor guy calling the team in tangerine, Dundee.

So what are you trying to say here, is it pedantry where you’d rather we said “Tavernier is the best performing player in Scotland right now” as opposed to “Tavernier is the best player in Scotland right now”?
Yeah basically, what with the two things being pretty different. If Lionel Messi gets injured for a few weeks, someone else doesnt become the best player in Spain.

It's pretty trivial all things considered, and tbh I shouldnt be engaging with whatever re incarnation this clown DMCs is, since he was so determined to make an arse of himself elsewhere on the forum.

I'd suggest just enjoying the performances of your player regardless of whether others are willing to laud him for you.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m old and been watching and talking about Scottish football for almost my whole life. I have never ever called Dundee United “Dundee” and never will. In the space of about 20 minutes you had Gerrard and the English anchor guy calling the team in tangerine, Dundee.

We'll need to apologise to Dundee now, uncalled for. 

44 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Slavering c**t emoji23.png

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

A very good Scottish Championship player.  Even United fans are slowly beginning to realise he’s out his depth at this level, hence the reason no club came calling for him in the close season. 

45 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Slavering c**t emoji23.png

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that about Shankland but I can understand why you are so disappointed and upset with Shankland.  Like many of your fellow United fans you are simply upset that Shankland’s significant deficiencies are being so brutally highlighted in the Scottish Premiership  😉

45 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Delighted to get the 3 points. A wonderful Beckham-esque goal from Tav. The whip he got on the strike was sensational. Utd were stuffy and tricky to break down and I feared the worst when they equalised as Rangers weren’t at their free-flowing best after Thursday but a very well taken 2nd goal at a good time to get it put us well on our way.

Morelos was lucky to stay on the pitch as his elbow was a red card IMO. He’s dropped deeper these days but his lack of goals is becoming a bit of a concern. Maybe if Defoe had played today we would have had another goal or two..

On to the next one. Still a long way to go.

That's how you win leagues, grind out tough wins from tricky fixtures against inferior sides who's sole tactic is to slow the game down and hope to draw you into a battle. Two very good goals from Rangers today.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that about Shankland but I can understand why you are so disappointed and upset with Shankland.  Like many of your fellow United fans you are simply upset that Shankland’s significant deficiencies are being so brutally highlighted in the Scottish Premiership  

To be fair, everybody could see this coming. Everybody bar some Dundee United fans and every single fucking Ayr fan that is.