The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
13 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Close the thread. Our dog has humanely been put down. A dogfight was too much effort and it wasn't fair to let the suffering go on.

You've got us next - 3 points a cert

If you could kindly repeat your second half performance from yesterday for the whole game next week that would be much appreciated.  Don't risk Charlie Adam on our shitey plastic pitch either. 

Morton will do enough to be comfortably in the mid-table obscurity zone. As will Dundee. Bottom three is going to be Alloa, Arbroath and Queens. Take your pick from which order, but at this point I would say Queens look utterly abject which should probably make them favourites for automatic relegation. At least Alloa and Arbroath seem to have a cohesive team to pick every week instead of ancient wingers playing full-back and a bench consisting entirely of midfielders.

Morton will do enough to be comfortably in the mid-table obscurity zone. As will Dundee. Bottom three is going to be Alloa, Arbroath and Queens. Take your pick from which order, but at this point I would say Queens look utterly abject which should probably make them favourites for automatic relegation. At least Alloa and Arbroath seem to have a cohesive team to pick every week instead of ancient wingers playing full-back and a bench consisting entirely of midfielders.

Tbf, Alloa are the only team I've watched this season that have looked worse than us. Joe McKee bossed the midfield which should tell you all you need to know. They obviously scrap though and will pick up some points. I'm struggling to see where our next 3 points come from.

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Tbf, Alloa are the only team I've watched this season that have looked worse than us. Joe McKee bossed the midfield which should tell you all you need to know. They obviously scrap though and will pick up some points. I'm struggling to see where our next 3 points come from.

January 2nd, we have you covered. Over 18 years since we won at Palmerston Park. Its a stick on. 

If you lose to us at Palmerston you are definitely in trouble and AJ should be sacked immediately.

Edited by Trogdor

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

January 2nd, we have you covered. Over 18 years since we won at Palmerston Park. Its a stick on. 

If you lose to us at Palmerston you are definitely in trouble and AJ should be sacked immediately.

I  can tell you now, if we carry on with the same management team we will not win another three games this season.

That said, I don’t think it would be right paying off a manager and his assistant if we take the Government grant.

In my opinion the board have fucked this up big time. AJ should have been gone after the ICT game. 

I hope the board will also consider their positions.

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

There may be a dog fight between Alloa and Arbroath for 9th. However, there is nothing I have seen from us this season to suggest there will be any fight from Queens. 

You’ll definitely get a point from us. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

That's fair comment based on that performance, but it was one of the worst Alloa displays I can remember for some time. We couldn't string two passes together and were totally lethargic. We had played some nice stuff in defeat before that game but there were no positives that day and I was very concerned after it. But since then we've beaten Hearts, Arbroath and ICT and given Hibs a very tough game too. Not sure about the "scrap" thing either. The boys do work very hard certainly, but I don't think scrapping is the word that best describes our style. The goal against Hibs came off 16 passes. Our issue is generally playing pretty football but without a cutting edge. That is more likely to be our downfall rather than not being able to scrap for enough points. 

On 20/12/2020 at 19:15, 19QOS19 said:
On 20/12/2020 at 18:54, DAFC. said:

Screenshot_20201224-003703_FlashScore UK.jpg