The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone still saying Queens have nothing to worry about, yeah?
If Ayr beat us next week, they only need one point more to get above us if we lose to Dundee.
If we lose both, Arbroath need only two draws to overtake us.  That leaves Morton needing five points out of nine.  
We're currently on a run of 4 points from the last 15 available.  We've plenty to worry about in the week we just gave our management team shiny new two year contracts.
And if my father was a king...

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If Ayr beat us next week, they only need one point more to get above us if we lose to Dundee.

If we lose both, Arbroath need only two draws to overtake us.  That leaves Morton needing five points out of nine.  

We're currently on a run of 4 points from the last 15 available.  We've plenty to worry about in the week we just gave our management team shiny new two year contracts.

Yeah, but your route out is still easier and clearer than all the other teams... point against Ayr and it’s done.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Are you mental?

Ayr just lost 4-0 to Arbroath, without a shot on target.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't get another point all season but if Ayr are as shit as they claim then even a weakened ICT should beat them if we don't.

I doubt Hearts will lay down to Morton as Neilson appears to be on thin ice as it is. They'll probably beat Alloa but I wouldn't fancy going to Arbroath just now.

I think it's going to be closer than folk think but I think we should escape by the skin of our teeth.

Queens are heading straight for the relegation playoffs. I say Morton will take at least a point off Hearts (they'll be in holiday mode now), Ayr WILL beat us next week, and Arbroath and Morton will conspire a draw between them. Goal difference (and that Alloa fiasco) will haunt us. 

Just now, JessieField said:

Queens are heading straight for the relegation playoffs. I say Morton will take at least a point off Hearts (they'll be in holiday mode now), Ayr WILL beat us next week, and Arbroath and Morton will conspire a draw between them. Goal difference (and that Alloa fiasco) will haunt us. 

Yes, it might be that a point apiece for Arbroath and Morton will suffice as the final evening unfolds.  

27 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And if my father was a king...

The most outlandish bit seems to involve Ayr beating us, but we're hopeless and in a rotten run of form.  We don't have a good record in crunch games of this nature.

No great contortions are needed at all now to see us getting 9th.

At the very minimum we should have it in our own hands going into the last home game v Morton so I’m delighted with that. Qots v Ayr next week be interesting. We have a hard task against Dunfermline through there. Hopefully Alloa don’t throw in the towel against Morton.