The Relegation Dogfight

The Relegation Dogfight  

320 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think this is it for each club. Compiled by looking back through BBC website, so might have made mistakes.
Alloa - Dundee x2
Arbroath - Hearts, Dundee
Ayr - Raith, Hearts
Dundee - Hearts, Dunfermline
Dunfermline - Hearts, Dundee
Hearts - Dundee, Alloa
ICT - Raith, Hearts
Morton - Dunfermline, Hearts
QoS - ICT, Hearts
Raith - Dunfermline, Hearts

Thanks. So that's worked out as:

Alloa x3
Arbroath x2
Ayr x2
Dundee x7
Dunfermline x5
Hearts x10
ICT x3
Morton x2
QoS x2
Raith x4

Genuinely surprised that Hearts have only featured in half the games.

Edited by Dunning1874

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Alloa x3
Arbroath x2
Ayr x2
Dundee x7
Dunfermline x5
Hearts x10
ICT x3
Morton x2
QoS x2
Raith x4

Yea, I lost a bet on Hearts featuring in at least 12 of 15 possible televised matches. There was at least one more match that was to be on TV but got cancelled.

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Both of our games were 0-0 draws. Seem to recall a fair number of stinking games on BBC this season in fairness.

Having looked at the recent records of the respective clubs, I would say Morton are certainly the favorite for odd man out. On the plus side, with Partick looking a run away with the title, the playoff competitors don’t look particularly terrifying this year. Falkirk is shite, as their fans will joyfully tell you; Cove are a more difficult proposition on their home pasture, but not a well rounded team; and Airdrie or Morton don’t inspire much concern in anyone’s books.

Ive already said on the ICT v Ayr match thread but I think Ayrs best chance is just to stay in the game at ICT as long as possible, as we need Arbroath to feel like they need to win for as long as possible.  If we go a couple of goals down at ICT while it's still 0-0 at Arbroath then that game can just fizzle out into a draw or even an away win.  

7 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Both of our games were 0-0 draws. Seem to recall a fair number of stinking games on BBC this season in fairness.

I can only think of 3 Ayr games I saw on BBC - 0-0 at home to Raith, 0-1 home to Hearts with a dodgy penalty and 0-0 away to Raith.   3 horrific games but actually 2 of our better results of the season in hindsight 

13 hours ago, Hursty said:

Ive already said on the ICT v Ayr match thread but I think Ayrs best chance is just to stay in the game at ICT as long as possible, as we need Arbroath to feel like they need to win for as long as possible.  If we go a couple of goals down at ICT while it's still 0-0 at Arbroath then that game can just fizzle out into a draw or even an away win.  

We dont need to win, a draw keeps us up.

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

We dont need to win, a draw keeps us up.

I was more thinking along the lines of Arbroath being less likely to sit back and play for a draw if they knew that any late Morton winner would possibly send you to 9th.  If Ayr go a couple of goals down early then its cigars oot and feet up for both sides at Gayfield as the result wouldn't matter with regards to staying up. 

Dick doesn't smoke cigars, 100% will be set up to win to go for 6th place
Wonder what the prize money difference between 6 and 7th is?

I was more thinking along the lines of Arbroath being less likely to sit back and play for a draw if they knew that any late Morton winner would possibly send you to 9th.  If Ayr go a couple of goals down early then its cigars oot and feet up for both sides at Gayfield as the result wouldn't matter with regards to staying up. 

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I would imagine it’s fairly significant and I think some of it could trickle down to the players so I’m sure everyone will be fired up to win.

Guest Flash
57 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

The difference between 6th and 7th is 0.05% of the SPFL net income. The new Sky TV deal was reportedly worth £30m a year, less the £300,000 a year that had to be repaid for failing to complete the 19/20 season. There would be some other sponsorship and tv money as well, less the costs that have to be deducted before the payout.
Ignoring the other stuff, the share of the Sky money for finishing 6th would be 0.9%, which is £267,300. The share for finishing 7th would be 0.85%, which is £252,450. So, the difference in the Sky money would be £14,850. The overall difference might be a bit more, depending on the other income.
Out of interest, whoever finishes second will get £564,300. The Premiership team finishing 11th and losing the play-offs will get £1,910,750, including the £500,000 parachute. 

Have to say I'm amazed anybody thinks prize money for 6th, 7th, 8th has got anything to do with what happens on Friday night.

I couldn't give a f**k about whether we pull an extra 15k for finishing a place higher... and neither do McPherson, Hopkin, or Campbell.

The play-offs have more or less begun and the objective is survival, simple as that. 

On 26/04/2021 at 13:46, Dunning1874 said:

Alloa x3
Arbroath x2
Ayr x2
Dundee x7
Dunfermline x5
Hearts x10
ICT x3
Morton x2
QoS x2
Raith x4

Arbroath, Ayr, Morton, QoS. The guys at the Beeb really don't rate your interest!

Kevin Durant No GIF

4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m feeling strangely confident that we’ll be able to grind out yet another 0-0 draw. 

Nope. This'll be a four-nil demolition, and Morten will equalise in the 84th minute.

9 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Clyde v East Fife off coz Covid.

🤞 Please make it so all fixtures can't be completed, they revert to PPG and have to scrap the playoffs. PLEASE..🤞

Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

It's ppg and then straight into playoffs isn't it?

34 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah, and I'm assuming that now the leagues have split it would only be the affected half called on PPG anyway.

The only way we're getting out of the playoffs is by earning it on the pitch. We're fucked, in other words.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, and I'm assuming that now the leagues have split it would only be the affected half called on PPG anyway.

The only way we're getting out of the playoffs is by earning it on the pitch. We're fucked, in other words.

You may or may not be fucked, but you are fucked in the 2nd tier.

We, on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I believe so. Although poses them a dilemma if playoffs are going ahead without the full quota of games being completed when they seem so keen to save Brechin again citing that very reason (I know, the number of games is vastly different but still).

In reality, I know the Play Offs are extremely likely to go ahead regardless, that Morton are extremely likely to be in them and that we are extremely likely to stink them out.

As much as you will say Falkirk are bad, the odds on Falkirk being the ones that ensure our relegation are now very short.