The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2021

21 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

A convenient excuse to avoid meeting the hypocrites flying for in the COP26 junket.

As a giant, steaming  ecohypocrite herself (complaining about world leaders a couple of months after it was revealed the monarchy secretly lobbied the Scottish Government for personal exemptions to climate regulations), she'd have fit right in.

Edited by Aim Here

12 minutes ago, The DA said:

I suspect so.  She'll go just as the World Cup 2022 finals are kicking off.

I think she's chucked it since Phil the Greek/racist/car crash enthusiast* called it a day. I'm imagining Charles' odd looking combover profile on a stamp right now.

*delete as applicable

14 hours ago, Donathan said:

Another 2 weeks resting for her maj

I'm pretty sure Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the hospital when he died as a precautionary measure. The end is nigh for Brenda. Can't see her making the Jubilee but hopefully she makes the turn of the year 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

I'm pretty sure Duke of Edinburgh was admitted to the hospital when he died as a precautionary measure. The end is nigh for Brenda. Can't see her making the Jubilee but hopefully she makes the turn of the year 

When QE2 croaks it would be so funny if Chico makes his brother ambassador to Sing Sing.

On 30/10/2021 at 05:48, Eednud said:

Will there be a hat-trick? Former Australian Test cricketers Ashley Mallett out on 76. Closely followed by Alan Davidson, 92.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/oct/30/australian-cricket-great-ashley-mallett-dies-aged-76

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Philpott

Week 44 update

Whenever some dies during the week I start having a wee think about what I'll say about them here. I could have sworn Walter Smith was a pick of someone but, no. Since nobody else died this week I may as well post this:

I saw someone in the Rangers thread this week say that Smith came across as a bully in this interview. I say it's Chick Young, so it's probably deserved.

I think it's a mark of Smith's standing that he was manager of Rangers during a period of unprecedented success and wealth and still managed to maintain the respect of pretty much every Scottish football fan. Saying things like "they don't make them like him anymore" is trite and horrible but given the way football is nowadays even in Scotland, it's pretty much true. I think every football fan wants their club to have someone in charge who can do no wrong, but it doesn't work like that.

He also made Scotland respectable for the first time in my life when I was aware of it, so I'll always be grateful for that:

A good thing too that video recording is now much more widely accessible. 

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 44 update

Whenever some dies during the week I start having a wee think about what I'll say about them here. I could have sworn Walter Smith was a pick of someone but, no. Since nobody else died this week I may as well post this:

He also made Scotland respectable for the first time in my life when I was aware of it, so I'll always be grateful for that:

Hopefully this goal, less than 1 year later, helped you to maintain that respect!

Hopefully this goal, less than 1 year later, helped you to maintain that respect!

When the ball went out for the goal kick prior to that I turned to my brother and said “McFadden’s fucked. He’s put in a c**t of a shift but I’d take him off.”